Skip to content

Slump to continue

I read that Scunny have lost their last 7 league games in a row..you know what that means for a Saturday as we do seem to be struggling against bottom clubs. To cheer you up have a look at the Plymouth Argyle fans forum, poor old Derek Adams. Maybe because they are a really big club, and they finally sack Adams, Ainsworth will be on their radar.

Comments

• It would not surprise me if we do have a bit of a wobble for a few games - enough to have our fingers hovering over the panic button - before we kick on again. It just seems like a streaky season so far, and I am not talking about naked pitch invaders.

• Points against Scunny and Coventry and we are back on course.

• Not if it’s only two. I can’t see us surviving now.

• It's not over @micra until @trevor calls it

• Strewth, I forgot. We breathe again.

• Can @trevor just make a short post on here before the end of the year to put my mind at rest. I am concerned that he may be finding it too difficult to cope with Wycombe's current league position.

• Funny I also had a look at Plymouths forum this morning, don't know why, just did.... they are really fed up with Adams lol

Tbh, apart from him, I don't actually have anything against them

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Funny I also had a look at Plymouths forum this morning, don't know why, just did.... they are really fed up with Adams lol

Tbh, apart from him, I don't actually have anything against them

Exactly my thoughts @HolmerBlue

• Him and the smug little chimp who runs their Twitter account.

• Cant say I agree with you there, guys. Yes adams is an obnoxious little man but for me he has found his natural home. Plymouth is a great city to live near - the people are friendly, the Hoe, the coast path, the moor, the outstanding theatre, decent restaurants and the wonderful Mad Dog McRea

not its football club though. Over entitled "big club" yob supporters from Swilly, administrators unable to resolve the basic task of getting willing customers from outside the ground inside in anything like a reasonable time, the unwillingness of its administrators to have the basic courtesy to reply to letters of complaint, the genuinely scary atmosphere in the city when little Wycombe had the affront to beat them again in richardson's game, the revolting abuse young Alex Lynch received as he was stretchered off his career effectively over repeated the following season (Harriman?), I think the football club are simply a horrible bunch- they and Adams deserve each other.

• Did we have more phones than them though?

• Hope they don’t know where you live @DevC - one or two might have the effrontery to pay you a visit!

• edited December 2018

I have high walls and a pack of wild dogs trained to rip out the throats of feral Argyle supporters (and for that matter grammar policemen and affront deniars.) Be afraid, be very afraid....

• Deniers. I’m off to me bunker.

• Grammar police officers please. They let women in the grammar police these days.

• You can still buy a sleeping policeman though!

• How much?

• Not sure how they can watch television if they’re sleeping.

• > @DevC said:

I have high walls and a pack of wild dogs trained to rip out the throats of feral Argyle supporters (and for that matter grammar policemen and affront deniars.) Be afraid, be very afraid....

• For some reason I now think of @DevC as a Captain Mainwaring type of person.

• I think Corporal Jones is a better fit.

• Air Raid Warden Hodges, surely...

• Private Charles Godfrey ,

• The 'slump' is part of a carefully orchestrated plan to convince Legacy Members that outside investment is needed. Other recent nudges in that direction include the sporadic failure of the scoreboards and the absence of crisps. You are advised to carry a torch to the Coventry game, when the floodlights will fail on 75 minutes.

• Oh dear.........the plan seems to be working with no points from three games.

• I knew we were doomed when so many were predicting 9-12 points over the holiday period!

• It's somehow, never normally been a fruitful period for us in the league except perhaps for last season.

• Talking of the outside investment, my recollection was that details of the proposed deal were intended to be presented before Christmas. Problems?