Skip to content

Last of the Year: Scunthorpe Away - Match 25 - Saturday 29th Dec 2018 - Attendance Predictions

Link to the spreadsheet for the Scunthorpe away game:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g1hPdkHSf38nKKjVK6P3XtS_i3vfQw2jtbhOufTv4Qw/edit?usp=sharing

I will predict:

Total 3325 with 320 Blues

Comments

• 3222 including 365 Wycombe

• 3787 with 297 from Wycombe

• 3400, 278 WW

• 3,574 with 395 Chairboys.

• 3400 with 399 of Bucks' finest

• 3,265 including 365 away

• 3350 with 300 Wycombe.

• 3433 with 343.

• 3247 with 286 getting an insight into why people (stupidly) voted for Brexit.

• 3412 with 374 Wycombe

• @DevC: kindly elucidate your brexit comment for this policaly naïve thicko.

• 3402 with 385 from Wycombe.

• I believe @micra that Scunny’s ground is now out of town, but if you get the chance, take a trip into the town centre. With the sad decline of its main employer, the steel works, it is a sad deprived place devoid of hope. There is a world of difference in affluence, opportunity and even life expectancy between its residents and the pampered folk from the South East. Governments of all colours have shamefully failed these communities for decades. No surprise then that given an opportunity to kick the establishment, towns like Scunthorpe jumped at the opportunity. Sadly though they picked the wrong chance. Damaging the economy as Brexit will reduces Government tax receipts which reduces the opportunity for the state to address Scunny’s issues. Moreover by likely giving the keys to the shop to the likes of Johnson, Mogg and (shamefully for HW) Baker with their low tax low public service, low employee protection, trust the market agenda, their situation is likely to get still worse.

IMHO of course.

• It's not often I find myself in agreement with @Devc...but if any Northern town (or Wales!!) struggling for jobs believed a Tory government led by that shower would invest in them the way the EU did (It's only OUR money we're getting back blah blah blah...well you won;t be getting it back now, son!) they almost deserve the wasteland they are about to get. Sadly the rest of us may be getting it too. Oh and I'm in two minds about 4-4-2 against 4-3-3 as well.

• Samantha Cameron was born in Scunthorpe Dev.

• I’m not sure that growing up on a 300 acre estate is representative of the early life of many Scunthorpians.

• Nothing wrong with that I grew up on a big estate in the Midlands. Comp in the middle and a nice big Co-op.

• I only asked! But thanks @DevC for enlightening this pampered life-expectancy smashing southeasterner living in a bubble for which (without wishing to sound too Nolanish or indeed too Nathanish) he offers daily thanks. Accidents of birth are indeed the best ones to have.

• edited December 2018

13 predictions to date:

Average for Total Crowd: 3415
    Average for Light Dark Blue Army 339

Sorry for lack of data on comparative crisp packet consumption.

• 3333 with 317 from Wycombe

• edited December 2018

Quite a narrow range of predictions this time - everyone is between 3222 and 3787. If the actual is bang in the middle nobody will be out by more than 284.

@ReadingMarginalista has made 9 forecasts and with half a season to go needs just one more to feature in the 'Tour de Season'.

In the same way @Wig_and_Pen, @perfidious_albion and @Wisdom_Of_Harry have made 8 predictions and need just two.

Safe journey to those who go.

• 3650 with 350 from Wycombe

• 3479 with 324 from Wycombe Wanderers

• @micra said:
    @DevC: kindly elucidate your brexit comment for this policaly naïve thicko.

Got away with one there!

• Not happy with ”elucidate” in that context either.

• 2846 northerners looking in bafflement at 414 people from a town that voted Steve Baker as their MP.

(So 3260 in total please)

• 3289 (289 away)

• 3330, with 342 of us currently travelling in more hope than expectation.

• 3500 with 400 Blues