Skip to content

Kadeem Harris

Does anyone know if we reserved a sell on fee when Kadeem Harris moved to Cardiff. Aston Villa are apparently considering putting a bid in for him next month.

Comments

• Let us hope so but I’d be surprised if we did.

• @micra That's interesting, personally I'd be very surprised if we didn't. They're pretty standard clauses aren't they?

Alex McCarthy also left us for a nominal fee, as a youth teamer and several years before Harris and we had the foresight to add a sell-on fee in that deal, so I'd imagine one was also included for Kadeem.

Here's hoping anyway.

• @Jonny_King: it was more a case of not remembering if there’d been any form of contract when he departed. Does anyone recall whether he was out of contract and a free agent as I had assumed? I don’t recall a fee, undisclosed or otherwise, being involved.

• I heard a rumour(!) that the transfer fee received was incredibly low, in the £50k region, although whether or not that's true is of course up for debate. Seems unlikely, although we were in pretty poor financial shape at the time so not impossible that we were taken advantage of.

• ‘This is good for all parties’ Waddock . Sounds encouraging.

• I think that the three transfers of Matt Philips, Kadeem Harris and Jordan Ibe all had sell on clauses, and only Matt Philips was subsequently amended.

• Thanks for the link @mooneyman. Only just caught up with this thread.

• Came on v United today at about 75.
    One jinky run and lashed a cross into the stand.

• @mooneyman said:
    Does anyone know if we reserved a sell on fee when Kadeem Harris moved to Cardiff. Aston Villa are apparently considering putting a bid in for him next month.

We had a sell-on clause inserted into the deal when he was sold so unless they've since bought it out (which must be unlikely given his limited game time) then it should still be in place.

• @Jonny_King said:
    I heard a rumour(!) that the transfer fee received was incredibly low, in the £50k region, although whether or not that's true is of course up for debate. Seems unlikely, although we were in pretty poor financial shape at the time so not impossible that we were taken advantage of.

That is not true. The fee was actually £162,000 according to German Website Transfermarkt.

• danke schön to do a @micra!

• My D in German seems justified.