Skip to content

Wimbledon at Home - Match 23 - Saturday 22nd December 2018 - Attendance Predictions

Onwards -
The link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_3Q6OpG6kmVt76UzJwS5_4wtI7YG9z2iXt9eG9wL-Pg/edit?usp=sharing

I think we will have another 5000 plus crowd - I go 5225 with 540 from Wimbledon.

I have emailed Gillingham club as I can't find any record yet of the attendance for Saturday's game - that game is not forgotten.

Comments

• A couple of weeks ago I invited a palomine who lives in Great Missenden and who has followed Wimbledon without a break for over 50 years to come as usual as my guest next Saturday. He says that he is so disillusioned with the way things have been going this season (which
    he puts down largely to poor player recruitment) that he wouldn’t currently go to see them if they were playing in Great Missenden. Not sure how many share his view (and I have to say that it surprised me) but, given that next weekend is traditionally when clubs have their lowest gates, I think we will do well to get much more than 4000. I could be wrong and obviously hope I am but I’m going for 4350 with 400 Wimbledon.

• edited December 2018

@micra - Sorry couldn't resist it!

Palomine

Bettie Serveert
    Well, I wish I had known your name
    Is it possible that we might have felt the same
    'Bout the senselessness within the air
    Paints its words almost everywhere
    Now the sun will always shine on this palomine
    Well, I wish I had known you then
    Well, who knows I might have been a better friend
    But now the senselessness within the air
    Paints its words almost everywhere
    How come life sometimes makes you feel so scared
    I know the sun will always shine
    Yes, the sun will always shine on this palomine
    Well, even when I think out about

• @mooneyman Great stuff; still got the CD of that somewhere. I'll have to give it a spin this evening (or ask 'Alexa' to play it to me, since we've gone all modern in my house these days).

• I honestly thought I‘d coined it. Mate is too Malonish and friend sounds a bit “twee”. I actually thought I recalled it being some kind of horse which Toddy certainly isn’t! He’d be the first to admit that.
    Nice one @mooneyman.

• 4862 with 858 insufferably smug visitors

• Not much to be smug about.

• So hard to get so much irony in to one post. Classic Dev. Brilliant stuff

• 45 minutes Righty onto a competition thread you never enter! Quicker than I expected if otherwise as boringly predictable as usual.

• 4800 with 599 away

• 4848 of which 412 will be Wombles

• 5,074 with469 away.

• 4,783 with 399 Wombles.

• 5,078 with 236 AFC

• 5100 with 650 away

• 4758 with 444 away folks.

• 4666 including 555 wombles

• 4999 with 478 away

• 4792 with 774 Wombles

• 5079 with 622 Dons

• 4,919 including 591 away

• 15 predictions for this one so far this week. The weather forecast should be accurate soon.

At the moment we say:

Average for Total Crowd: 4888
    Average for Wombles 535

• 5100 with 700 from Wimbledon

• 4507 with 395 wombles

• 5100 with 670 sarf Londoners.

Palomino

• 5023 with 467 Wimbledonians.

• Palomino definitely won’t be there.

• @micra Palomino could be there if TVP decide a mounted presence is required.

• I’ll have to let Toddy know. He really was quite adamant about boycotting this game.
    And if TVP consider mounting him.......

• Hi again all, back from hols and looking forward to tomorrow! I'll go 4960 with 610 Wombles!

• 4968 (668 away)