Skip to content

January signings/rumours

Sure this will not be the last one.....

My local paper reporting that we are competing with Argyle plus Pompey, Blackpool and Lincoln to secure loan for remainder of season of Blackburn's Lewis Travis. I believe he is a defensive midfielder who can also fill in in back four. Make of it what you will.

Comments

• I just read that Burton paid £500,000 for Liam Boyce. If anyone thinks Gareth is not doing a fantastic job...that might help. Lewis Travis? #OhnomorrisisgoingbackgapeisbeingsoldThompsonhasturneddownacontract!!!!

• Here's a link to a Lancashire Telegraph Story. If Shrewsbury decide they want Bryn back, Lewis Travis may be the replacement. The Blackburn comments all appear complimentary and it may help that Gareth is a Blackburn academy product.

• I think Shrewsbury would be mad not to recall Morris. They're struggling in the bottom third whilst he's an integral part of a top third side, and the new manager will want to get a look at him.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    I think Shrewsbury would be mad not to recall Morris. They're struggling in the bottom third whilst he's an integral part of a top third side, and the new manager will want to get a look at him.

Sadly same could be said of Fred, we have sorted his confidence and added a defensive element to his game. He will be needed at the New Den in their bid to stay up.

• Burton spending 500k on one player?!?

• @Malone so say the Torygraph today....unless it was a misprint. @perfidious_albion not sure Fred is popular at Millwall but you could be right. @OxfordBlue fingers crossed Gareth is telling them he has a bad attitude that needs work....

• There is actually a Twitter account for Wycombe rumours - AnnounceItWyc - and they are stating that Curtis Thompson has signed a new contract, and that Fred is staying till the end of the season. They claim to be "in the know", and they have a good track record with past rumours, so I guess we shall see!

• edited December 2018

@Shev I wasn’t convinced by “in the know” on its own, but “good track record” is a more comforting statement to go alongside it. My fingers are crossed for both Curtis and Fred.

• edited December 2018

@LeedsBlue - I hear you. I also did not even know there were enough Wycombe rumours to justify a whole twitter account!

Looking back, this account announced Ryan Allsop's signing about a week before it happened, Joe Jacobson's new contract signing long before it was announced, and rubbished the idea of Tafari Moore coming back here, stating he was likely to go to Plymouth. So it definitely seems like it is coming from someone connected to the club. Time will tell.

• @Shev - The account can't have been set up by Richie then!

• Hang on.. they may have got a couple right, but the JJ contract announcement was made so far beyond it actually being revealed that it just smacked of guess work surely

• I’m not saying anyone would go to the trouble of doing it, but how easy would it be to make a variety of fairly likely predictions on twitter, and then delete the wrong ones?

• Curtis, Fred and Dom are all I want for Christmas.

• ... and my two front teeth.

(nothing personal @micra)

• @Chris , pretty damm easy.

Let's try it here...

Thompson "has" signed his deal already, Williams and Fred have agreed longer loans.

• Woo hoo. Does the Beetlejuice rule apply to rumours?

• Morris has demanded he stay at Adams Park to progress his career apparently. (Or so someone overheard someone saying in the checkout queue in Waitrose in Marlow. Possibly. )

• @Twizz said:
    ... and my two front teeth.

(nothing personal @micra)

I’ve known you too long @Twizz to be offended! I nearly added the teeth bit but being the rational soul that I am I decided that, as someone with a full upper set of manufactured gnashers, it made no sense.

• Yes, the rumours could certainly be wrong. I thought they were worth adding to a rumours thread though!

• I heard Den is going to divorce Angie. And he's planning to serve the papers on Christmas Day.

• @Wendoverman - but does he have a replacement lined up?

• From what I heard he has a couple of options but he's keeping it all quiet.

• Has the Queen Vic ever run out of crisps?

• haven't watched since about 88 @DevC so no idea how snacks panned out under the Mitchells

• I know they sell pork scratchings regularly Dev.

• I would be shocked if Curtis turned down a contract offered by GA due him basically saving his career and him now showing the form he is !!

• @rmjlondon said:
    I would be shocked if Curtis turned down a contract offered by GA due him basically saving his career and him now showing the form he is !!

What about if he gets an offer closer to home on more cash?

• Is Luton closer to his home?

• Fred apparently will be with us for the remainder of the season, according to twitter he's not in millwall's plans

• Announcement expected soon about Curtis Thompson’s contract extension.