Skip to content

Gaz on NTT20 Podcast

Great GA interview from 46:20, on the ever brilliant NTT20 podcast. Feat. subtle dig at Nathan Messiah Jones... https://m.soundcloud.com/ntt20pod/records-broken-and-emergency-loans

Comments

• edited December 2018

Feel like I may now have made up NJ coming out with the classic 'You know what you're going to get with Wycombe', although I can imagine him saying more or less that. I'm sure other oppo managers have anyway...

• Every single one of them says it.

• Harry Kewell was a prime offender last season, wasn't he?

• This was Kewell after we won at their place: "We played the right way. If that’s the way Wycombe want to play that’s fair enough, congratulations to them.

"Long ball and hope. It wasn’t as if they scored from open play."

https://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sport/football/kewell-on-embarrassing-amount-of-free-kicks-and-wycombe-s-style-1-8426239

The same Harry Kewell who I believe has been sacked twice since then and is currently out of a job.

• Yes, ‘Pep’ Kewell’s style of football was obviously way too sophisticated for League Two!

• @th100 I am pretty sure the Rev has said it on 3CR. I must admit I felt sorry for Kevin Nolan when I read the article in the Guardian about Kevin Nolan the other day. He did well for County...saved them from relegation, got them to play-off positions, a bit of a blip at the start of next season and he gets the tin tack in favour of Kewell! He could have been another Gareth if County had been too poor to sack him!

• edited December 2018

@th100 was that the match where Luke was hacked down in injury time near the dugouts, and their guy got sent off, and they were giving it "cheat, cheat" and Kewell was going ballistic - but Luke actually went off injured and missed the next couple of games?

• @LeedsBlue That's the one.

• I'm positive The Reverend has come out with that phrase, if not last season then the season before.