Skip to content

Vote for JJ for player of the month

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Hang on, i thought he was regularly exposed as not being up to it?

• I done voted....although why Gareth keeps picking him I have no idea. :wink:

• Imagine knowing so little about football that you don't rate JJ

• @eric_plant you need to wake up and smell the coffee. Didn't someone joined the Gasroom Just to point out his unsuitability for League One football?

• yes, in the middle of the night

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I believe he is our second top scorer after Bayo? How many left backs can sweep in curling right foot goals? I am expecting a header and an overhead kick against Barnsley now.

• What he lacks in pace against speedy wingers he makes up for in dead ball and turning and shooting from tight angles situations.

• And positional sense borne of vast experience.

• The annoying thing about these votes is that you have to feel that biggest fan base probably wins.

• spot on Shev - they are completely meaningless

• Let us at least all celebrate the left sided genius of our loyal player, vote and let the cards fall where they will.

• Have to try though, so done.

• I’m a big fan of JJ but was he even Wycombe player of the month?

• In my view Samuel or Gape would have been player of the month

• How come Wycombe never get a player nominated for one of those PFA League Awards?
    What's the point in voting for our player nominated for one of those PFA League Awards?
    Why is it THAT player nominated for one of those PFA League Awards?

• The defender involved in the most goals in League One. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Whatever happened to those centre halves who used to score 10 goals plus a season?

• edited December 2018

Actually, my perception of the delivery from JJ this season is they haven't been up to his historical high standards. Absolutely exquisite finish for his last goal though!

• I should state that I did vote - I just expect one of the players from a bigger club to win, which is not exactly fair.

• Honestly @Shev. I have never met a single sole who gives a crap about these 'awards'

• They were excited when the Dover manager won recently.....

• You hit the back of the net with that one

• Just got it Dev. No flies on me.

• Portsmouth player won. Shocker.

• The whole voting for awards thing is pointless. Football's not the plaice for this sort of thing.

I'd have voted for Guppy a few years back, mind.

• On the topic of JJ (but unrelated to player awards) ... he’s written a fantastic article in the telegraph today (p3 sport supplement) about anti-Semitism and the lack of Jewish representation in the football league - only 2-3 British Jewish players, excluding the two at WW

• Is that right? There are 4 or 5 total Jewish players in the football league and two of them are at Wycombe?

• Does anyone feel that there is ant-semitism in the lower leagues? Given that the majority of clubs are strapped for funds, surely the only qualification for selection would b,e if your good enough you're in. Not what faith you have you or culture/ethnicity are you?

• Probably start with the article. Random people's awareness of racism aren't usually particularly relevant to wether it actually happens. I think we'd all like to think all things are equal whereas they rarely are. As more youth coaches are found guilty of abuse of various types its hardly unlikely in football when its present in the wider world.