Skip to content

Squad looking strong...until January

Comments

• There is no such thing as a bad @micra post. Keep them coming!

• Millwall don't want Fred back.

• Then he should stay where he is wanted for a little longer eh @drcongo ?

• A derf of forwards?

• Central midfield is definitely the problem area, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could lose our 3 starting central midfielders in January, with gape being out of contract in the summer.

Renewing his contract and extending Thompson's must be priorities, with Morris close after.

Would love to keep Fred and Williams, but at least we have good options in those areas if we can't, especially now Tyson and Kashket are fit.

• Didn't Alfie Mawson extend his loan when we all thought he would be gone in January. As I said above, if we keep or lose players, we can depend on GA to deliver.

• @Wendoverman , You're right. An initial youth loan for a month, then extended until Jan, and then the whole season

• No idea of Fred's standing with the Millwall boss, but he certainly didn't seem hugely popular on the Millwall forum when he first came here, with various accusations of an 'attitude problem' that certainly doesn't seem to be the case with us. I wouldn't bet against his loan becoming a permanent deal a la Gape in January.

I really rate Williams, but there's no way he's breaking into the Watford first team, so I guess it depends if he decides to stick with us or try and prove himself at Championship level.

I'm amazed Thompson's deal wasn't extended months ago (Gape's too) and the fact we've heard nothing does worry me slightly.

• @Jonny_King you;re right....get them in on League One wages before we go up?

• I keep getting notifications and Malone is typically half of them. Keep it up old son.
    Ooh and thanks @Shev.

• @micra, maximum lolz

• You’re welcome @Malone. I loves yer really.

• @micra , you are definitely one of my favourite 20 posters on here, so it's mutual older son.

• Aaaaaah !!!!

• @Malone Who are the other 19?

• @Jonny_King , just a gentle joke, as there are probably only about 19 actual posters on here (when you take out the clear second accounts a few posters have)

• @Malone said:
    @Jonny_King , just a gentle joke, as there are probably only about 19 actual posters on here (when you take out the clear second accounts a few posters have)

Bit cheeky, but who'?

• Dale will let us know

• Saturday morning and nothing fresh from @micra so I assume he's gone out on loan!

• Mrs Micra has probably got him doing the hoovering, washing, dusting, cooking etc.

• @Jonny_King said:
    No idea of Fred's standing with the Millwall boss, but he certainly didn't seem hugely popular on the Millwall forum when he first came here, with various accusations of an 'attitude problem' that certainly doesn't seem to be the case with us. I wouldn't bet against his loan becoming a permanent deal a la Gape in January.

I really rate Williams, but there's no way he's breaking into the Watford first team, so I guess it depends if he decides to stick with us or try and prove himself at Championship level.

I'm amazed Thompson's deal wasn't extended months ago (Gape's too) and the fact we've heard nothing does worry me slightly.

Without doubt we would have offered Gape a new deal ages ago but he’s obviously not keen to sign! Let’s hope something can be done but I think the likelihood is that he goes in Jan with a fee/sell on.

• Maybe Gape and Thompson have signed but are being kept as Christmas presents?

• @niebieski - Or on the day of Bill and Jim's presentation of their final proposal we will be told contracts for Gape and Thompson can only signed if we agree to the sale.

• @mooneyman hasn't this already been mentioned in a post match interview? "If we want to keep players like Curtis Thompson and Dominic Gape we need to support the takeoever"

• 'Without doubt we would have offered gape a new deall....but he's obviously not keen to sign.' Oh to be in the know @Vincey

• @Wendoverman said:
    'Without doubt we would have offered gape a new deall....but he's obviously not keen to sign.' Oh to be in the know @Vincey

I'm not claiming to be in the know but I don't believe for a second that something hasn't been offered to him. He's recently turned 24 so no compensation would be due and he's free to speak to other clubs in January ahead of next season. The way that we have dealt with other young players before (Pierre & O'nien etc) conversations over renewing were held up to a year in advance of their deals ending and I can't believe that the same wouldn't have been done re DG who is another good young player with great potential.

• @Vincey said:

@Wendoverman said:
    'Without doubt we would have offered gape a new deall....but he's obviously not keen to sign.' Oh to be in the know @Vincey

I'm not claiming to be in the know but I don't believe for a second that something hasn't been offered to him. He's recently turned 24 so no compensation would be due and he's free to speak to other clubs in January ahead of next season. The way that we have dealt with other young players before (Pierre & O'nien etc) conversations over renewing were held up to a year in advance of their deals ending and I can't believe that the same wouldn't have been done re DG who is another good young player with great potential.

Agreed, I can't see any reason that we wouldn't have offered him a deal by now, same with Thompson

• I would doubt myself that he is 'not keen' to sign after last season and the spirit in the squad. More likely keeping his options open with regard to where we finish and whether or not the yankees fill our coffers with no strings attached gold.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I would doubt myself that he is 'not keen' to sign after last season and the spirit in the squad. More likely keeping his options open with regard to where we finish and whether or not the yankees fill our coffers with no strings attached gold.

Depends what he's been told by his agent he can get compared to what we can offer.

Weren't there rumours of Posh being interested last season? I'd imagine they could quadruple his wages

• @Username decent crisps and a free parking space on a muddy hill? what more can a young man want?