Skip to content

Gaz , how much longer can we keep him?

What an amazing job Gaz and Dobbo are doing, we are very lucky to have them both and whilst its beyond doubt they love the club, it is also without doubt Gaz will be on the radar for bigger clubs when they remove their current management and we are getting into that time of the year when clubs decide to either stick or twist so there will be jobs up for grabs. I hope he stays but we have to be honest and think if it was us and someone offered you a job at a bigger club, with a bigger playing budget, with more money for things like overnight stays on long away trips, not worrying about club survival from a financial point of view then you are going to seriously consider it. He deserves to manage at the highest level possible and if he does depart then I know we would all wish him well and look on with pride knowing we gave him his chance to shine.

Comments

• What a load of rubbish after 1 unexpected win !!

• He is doing a good job but would struggle above League 1

• Glad to see our recent form isn't dampening your usual spirit RMJ.

• You really are an imbecile, aren't you Richie.

• Ah I knew I was missing something on here from our recent run of good form

• yes last night plus all the other "unexpected" results this season RMJ. If you don't think he is doing a good job there are plenty of people who disagree and plenty of club owners/chairman who will be thinking what a great job he is doing with limited resources. lets see...

• edited November 2018

@rmjlondon said:
    He is doing a good job but would struggle above League 1

Also, this is total bollocks isn't it?

Everything he has achieved at Wycombe has been against the odds, on an absolute shoe string, with a fair bit of chaos going on in the background at times.

Imagine if Ainsworth had spent the last 5 years at the likes of Portsmouth, instead of Wycombe. I'd wager he'd be in charge of a solid Championship team by now.

With their budget, reputation and facilities, in most alternate timelines he would have done considerably better than he's done with us, which has still been great.

It's a shame you don't show the same loyalty and respect to Ainsworth that he's shown to our club.

• @rmjlondon said:

And your proof of this statement is?

• Richie doesn't need `proof' - he has inside knowledge.

Or, alternatively, a cabbage where his brain should be.

• that's 7 bites for Richie

come on everyone, you're better than this

• Hatter richie is on a high at the moment with his team's position in the playoffs so we should be pleased he bothers to post his views on here.

• Didn't we have all this when we got to Wembley, when we got to fa cup quarter finals, when we got promoted? Not only is gaz off but we'll never get this or that player. Unless he gets a job where the sack will leave him minted for life I doubt he'll up sticks just yet and - whisper it - he might want to make history here!!

• Why can’t he manage Wycombe in the championship? He will decide his future with the outcome of the vote.

• @eric_plant said:
    that's 7 bites for Richie

come on everyone, you're better than this

You're absolutely right, I've no idea what came over me.

• In my defence I did then respond to Mr HG.

• @rmjlondon said:

Not as good as your mate Nathan, eh Richie!

• edited November 2018

Why do people waste time responding to him?!
    Put him on ignore, job done. Loses a bit of the point if people continually quote his dross.

What a fantastic win last night. Bogey team, 12 games without a win against them was it? Nasty evening, 200miles away, and we win it after being behind for ages.

We're building something here, 10th and really in form!

• edited November 2018

As long as we keep pulling away from the bottom three I am happy. Anything after that is gravy. And the last three home games I have been impressed by endeavour, never say die attitude and - yes- some really good football.

• 4 are relegated not 3

• I think his perceived "playing style" may put a few bigger clubs off of him.. Fortunately for us.

• We’ve played some excellent football this season and most clubs are looking for managers who are winners, irrespective of any perceived playing style. And the key word here is ‘perceived’.

• Southampton fans must be really pleased they got rid of that Claude Puel bloke, his style of play was very tedious. @glasshalffull is right, some of the football on Saturday and the two previous wins was...well...football. What other losing fans perceive it to be is another thing...

• @rmjlondon said:
    4 are relegated not 3

Pulling away from the bottom three almost invariably causes one to pull away from fourth from bottom too, assuming you started from tenth.

• And let's not forget that what some would consider time-wasting others would consider good game management.

There was an instance during the first half last night that summed it up for me. Wycombe are 1-0 down, the ball's gone out for a goal kick and Stockdale is moving fairly quickly to retrieve it. El Abd very clearly tells Stockdale to slow it down and not rush to get the ball back into play. The instruction was so clear that the referee heard and stopped his watch, but that didn't actually matter. The purpose of taking time was not to waste time, per se: rather it was to disrupt Accrington's flow as they were on top at the time and give Wycombe a little time to take stock. Good game management IMO, as (also IMO) is the majority of the "time-wasting" undertaken by Wycombe.

• Well said Uncle T. These tactics are employed by most teams when appropriate.

• @Username said:
    I think his perceived "playing style" may put a few bigger clubs off of him.. Fortunately for us.

Hasn't stopped the likes of Warnock and BFS getting regular jobs.

• The thing in our favour is that other clubs are so disloyal to their managers, that taking a bigger job is more of a risk than it used to be. I would love to think Gareth will ride the wave for another season or two, but if he goes, I would wish him nothing but success (apart from when his QPR team play us in the Championship).

• Steve McClaren is doing a fine job at QPR with minimal resources why would they want GA

• @mooneyman said:

@Username said:
    I think his perceived "playing style" may put a few bigger clubs off of him.. Fortunately for us.

Hasn't stopped the likes of Warnock and BFS getting regular jobs.

Warnock has a pretty outstanding track record in the championship, and Big Fat Sam's (I'm assuming that's BFS) premier league record is actually decent as well. I have no doubt Ainsworth would walk into a league 1 job now, but without being proven higher up and his perceived (stress perceived again) negative style I'm not as sure about him bagging a championship role... Which is definitely our gain!

• @rmjlondon said:
    Steve McClaren is doing a fine job at QPR with minimal resources why would they want GA

Oh hi. I thought doing a fine job on minimal resources meant a manager was crap. I get confused.