Skip to content

Potential new owners

Comments

• edited November 2018

Nice lady in a café this morning ran me up a mocha.

• @DevC said:
    Nice lady in a café this morning ran me up a mocha.

Oh Dev you’ve pitched one up there for others to swing at. But you knew that...

• For all his often exppressed love for the club, language skills and knowledge of the money markets if richie is one of the new owners I'm out...

• @glasshalffull said:

@Keith_Allens_Wig said:
    Extremely disappointing that we still haven't learned we cannot spend cash that we don't have.

And that the trust are trying to engineer any potential vote in their favour, whilst keeping the fans in the dark by using 'undisclosed' transfer fees.

What is extremely disappointing is that people are so quick to criticise the club without first checking the facts.
    It states quite clearly on the relevant thread that these seats aren’t costing the club anything and that the idea was discussed by the fans’ council before being implemented. It is also common practice for most clubs not to disclose transfer fees and even if WWFC did publish this information I fail to see what difference it would make to the fans. And don’t forget that the Trust board are also Wycombe fans.

I was talking more in respect of having a larger squad and also paying money for McCarthy

• Respectfully Glasshalffull you want to talk facts but you don’t want to address or acknowledge the blatant inconsistencies and financial digression of our club in the past 2 years under Mr Stroud’s chairmanship.

“Thriving” financially in their own words nearly 12 months ago to the day , to requiring a £500k loan facility ( if which more than half has already been drawn down), rolling out a “plan” for future that is simply to sell up our hard earned supporter owned status , taking that loan from a prospective buyer in what they purport to be a fair and transparent market test process to find us the right partners..

There’s nothing personal in my post so how on earth do you respond in defence ?

Whether this club is sold or not, history will remember the football club board and management as good hearted amateurs who gave up much time to try their best for the club but who ultimately fell short and bumbled the financial and operational management in spectacular fashion.

Only the talent and quality of character of Gareth and his ability to ringfence and protect the football team and operation from any influence of the chairman,general manager and football club board ( excepting AH) has kept our on pitch performance something we can all be proud of .

• You are perfectly entitled to your opinions but I find your use of ‘respectfully’ and ‘nothing personal’ somewhat ironic when you have consistently denigrated Mr.Stroud and other members of the Trust board over a long series of posts. They are, as you say, ‘good hearted amateurs who have given up much time to try their best for the club’ and as such deserve a lot more respect than you have given them. Yes, they have made mistakes and yes, the financial position has worsened over the last two years, but that could have happened under different leadership.
    You refer to our ‘hard earned supporter owned status’ and whilst I agree that this model has a certain romantic attraction, my view is that it simply cannot prosper in the long term at the level we are at now. We need financial input to survive and progress and it’s unfair and unrealistic to expect our supporters to provide that to any greater extent than they are already doing.

• Signing the short term loan has put the stadium at risk and for management and directors to state otherwise at public meetings and on social media is at best misguided.

• edited November 2018

@NiceCarrots how has it put the stadium at risk? The charge, as I understand it, is over the assets of WWFC Ltd only (of which there are very few) and specifically excludes the intercompany debt between the Club and the Trust (which owns the ground via FALL).

• That last sentence should have read 'Between the Trust and the Club'

• I hope we’re not going to have a clash of carrots.

• Hi @NiceCarrots could you please explain how the stadium is at risk

• The old French proverb does seem remarkably applicable here

Plus vous voyez de belles carottes, plus vous voulez les éplucher

M. Berger, my old French teacher would be a proud man this evening. After 40 years that phrase has finally come in useful....

• I see carrots every other day at least and I’ve never wanted to peel them. An interesting proverb though.

• @micra , obviously I am deeply envious of your pampered fancy dan Home Counties lifestyle - down here even an occasional glimpse of an ungarnished turnip is enough to turn a young mans legs to jelly -but from what you say, I can only assume you have never lived in France.

• I genuinely haven’t a clue what all that means. The only bit I understood was the reference to living in France. I visited several times in my youth but have never lived there. I have a 62 year old A level but have lost most of it, even having to look up éplucher.

• What I find very difficult to understand is why the 2 Americans were presented to the Trust members to strengthen their bid but another bid by an ex-player has virtually been ignored as far as Trust members are concerned. That ex-player has also been a box holder and contributor to WWFC funds. So why hasn’t he been afforded the same exposure to Trust members as the 2 Americans?

• @A_Worboys said:
    What I find very difficult to understand is why the 2 Americans were presented to the Trust members to strengthen their bid but another bid by an ex-player has virtually been ignored as far as Trust members are concerned. That ex-player has also been a box holder and contributor to WWFC funds. So why hasn’t he been afforded the same exposure to Trust members as the 2 Americans?

Totally agree @A_Worboys. At least we could have a better balanced view. It appears to be a very myopic choice at the moment.

• I think that is the question that most informed supporters are asking ??

• edited November 2018

@A_Worboys said:
    What I find very difficult to understand is why the 2 Americans were presented to the Trust members to strengthen their bid but another bid by an ex-player has virtually been ignored as far as Trust members are concerned. That ex-player has also been a box holder and contributor to WWFC funds. So why hasn’t he been afforded the same exposure to Trust members as the 2 Americans?

We are all curious about this Andy, several people have asked this question over and over again with no satisfactory reply, (other than there was a clash of personalities etc).
    Frankly in my view it stinks, the football club board do NOT own the club, the trust do, and the fact the trust aren't even allowed the opportunity of looking at other bids is insulting at best.

• Then again I suppose some people won't be all that surprised if you look at who's the puppet master pulling the strings...

• “....We are all curious about this Andy,....”
    Which Andy?

• Worboys micra, is there another Andy you have in mind?

• @A_Worboys said:

I fully agree with these questions and last night there was very strong opinion along the same lines among former players .

We are experiencing a breaking point between our former players and the football club board in terms of respect that has been brewing since our chairman allowed our manager to cancel at last minute despite having confirmed he would be present at a recent annual dinner to attend a business event for Beechdean instead .

When mighty clubman such as MoN verbalise the importance and respect this event has in his world you will understand the distain and lack of respect for our current FC board among the cohort of former players towards the chairman for allowing his conflict to facilitate last years absence.

No one blames Gareth mind you and nor should they .

Couple this with the dismissal of a well respected and very well resourced former players approaches to invest in the club due to the fact he and our chairman’s boss don’t get on, really casts light on the reason so many are disappointed in the governance and biased ( intentional , accidental , or perceived ) decision making at our club by the chairman and his power group.

Sale aside , members who value good governance must surely be considering how they can re-elect the chairman in light of so many unanswered questions.

We elect these people to protect and serve our clubs best interests.

Can you hand on heart say that is the case in this sale if no other options have been genuinely considered?

• @glasshalffull said:
    You are perfectly entitled to your opinions but I find your use of ‘respectfully’ and ‘nothing personal’ somewhat ironic when you have consistently denigrated Mr.Stroud and other members of the Trust board over a long series of posts. They are, as you say, ‘good hearted amateurs who have given up much time to try their best for the club’ and as such deserve a lot more respect than you have given them. Yes, they have made mistakes and yes, the financial position has worsened over the last two years, but that could have happened under different leadership.
    You refer to our ‘hard earned supporter owned status’ and whilst I agree that this model has a certain romantic attraction, my view is that it simply cannot prosper in the long term at the level we are at now. We need financial input to survive and progress and it’s unfair and unrealistic to expect our supporters to provide that to any greater extent than they are already doing.

Holding elected officials to account for poor performance is not denigrating or disrespectful.

• @RogertheBandito said:

@A_Worboys said:

We are all curious about this Andy, several people have asked this question over and over again with no satisfactory reply, (other than there was a clash of personalities etc).
    Frankly in my view it stinks, the football club board do NOT own the club, the trust do, and the fact the trust aren't even allowed the opportunity of looking at other bids is insulting at best.

Absolutely correct . The trust board are not happy at the autonomous fashion the FC board , controlled by Andrew Howard ( make no mistake ) have protected and controlled this entire process , feeding info sparingly to the trust board and usually only after decisions have already been made .

Ivor beeks is Howard’s neighbour and friend and also partner in property business , Trevor Stroud left his previous employ to work for Howard.

Howard disrespected the former player and entire box of former players when they first met shortly after Howard was made chairman by Stroud and beeks , the former player kept sponsoring the club and made requests to meet Howard and talk about it , after resistance from Howard it entirely happened on two occasions , once with Stroud present. Both times it involved Howard arrogantly dismissing the former player. Stroud laughs off the situation as he sits on his employers side ...

Meanwhile we don’t even consider a man who had sat in ex players dinners king before Stroud was elected as a potential owner of the club in favour of two Americans who are quite happy to breach all semblance of fair and due process by encumbering our club to half a million line of credit , already drawn down to £300k before members have even been tabled basic numbers and deal structure to vote on in the new year ?

Disgraceful

The losers?

WWFC

You tell me glasshalffull, is that an elected chair with our best interests controlling his decision making ? Or his own self interest ?

You know the situation is true so don’t even bother trying to say this is unfounded statements, it’s common knowledge among trust directors and staff at the club who have been unfairly caught up in it.

• Some posts are so poisonous that they do not deserve the courtesy of a dignified response and in that respect I think you have excelled yourself this morning. I’d rather discuss your accusations face to face than through a social media forum.

• Poisonous ?

Hahaha

Nice try of ignoring the inconvenient truths .

Deny it’s true Al go on ...

• My offer as above still stands.