Skip to content

Time for a change

Comments

• We were crap last year as well...that's why we got relegated. Ainsworth has no idea.

• @glasshalffull , that second bit stands out a mile.

I feel similar with Sido, although he isn't as essential a starter, the pair of them seem a big part of (without being too schamltzy), the "Journey" we went on after almost going down 4 years ago.

• @eric_plant said:
    He's our best ever left back

Agreed.

• JJ is brilliant but I have been exasperated at how many times the opposition have got away down his side. There seems to be an extra level of pace in L1. The 4-4-2 seems to help and a better answer than dropping JJ when he brings a lot of other assets.

• He is a great player and yes they have targetted his side of the pitch for obvious reasons, but we are winning games in League One and he is a major part of that whatever some of the gripers say. Having said that....missing the second penalty against Luton. Nooooooooooo!

• JJ hasn't been his best this season but it isn't drastic enough to be calling for backup yet. Wouldn't mind seeing another natural left back bought in as an alternative when he goes through bad spells. Also wouldn't mind seeing Bryn take some corners for the sake of variety sometimes!

• Another disastrous day for @WYC2345 's least favourite player:
    'When Ross’s defence failed to deal with Joe Jacobson’s free kick, Onyedinma pounced on the loose ball and lashed a splendid half-volley into the roof of the net from 12 yards.'

• @Wendoverman said:
    Another disastrous day for @WYC2345 's least favourite player:
    'When Ross’s defence failed to deal with Joe Jacobson’s free kick, Onyedinma pounced on the loose ball and lashed a splendid half-volley into the roof of the net from 12 yards.'

Although I don't agree with the OP, to bring some balance, JJ was skinned for the equaliser. I think today's game was a good representation of his pluses/ minuses.

• “the OP” ? Please enlighten this thicko!

• Not JJs finest game by any means on Saturday.

• @micra Original Poster. @Username yup it's swings and roundabouts I know he's being targetted as a weakness but for me I would rather have JJ on the pitch than not.

• edited November 2018

@micra , do keep up old son!
    OP is one of the most well known of these!

WKTRYT!

• BGK is an airport that serves Big Creek, Belize, and the nearby city of Savanah. ?

• I thought it was Burger King

• I thought it meant big goalkeeper.

• @Username said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Another disastrous day for @WYC2345 's least favourite player:

Although I don't agree with the OP, to bring some balance, JJ was skinned for the equaliser. I think today's game was a good representation of his pluses/ minuses.

Parish Community-Hall Instagram shows JJ doing resistance ‘sprint’ gym training, his audible comment ‘no that isn’t in slow motion’!

• I feel for JJ, as it's not like he can gain pace, and that for me is his only weak attribute for league 1 football, unfortunately the level of wingers is noticeably better at this standard, with the quick ones also being decent on the ball unlike league 2.

Despite that, I still rate him, especially when Bayo is playing as he contributes so much going forward. I feel like playing with el-abd as the left CB can't help as he also has a lack of pace so can't cover, I'd like to see Stewart in there.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You all do realise this is some anteWWFC wind up right? JJ is class and long may he be a Chairboy

• Our right wingers often give full backs a good going over too, so it's not like every left back in the league is exactly lightening.

• Oooh matron.

• edited November 2018

I agree that JJ should be playing, but we know what his major weakness is, so it would make sense to me to try and counteract that with some pace alongside him, especially as we have the players to do so.

• Isn’t it more a case of needing the pace and defensive nous of someone in front of him, a role performed to perfection by Nathan Tyson, now thankfully restored to fitness? I think it’s reasonable to assume that Adam El-Abd will occupy the left centre back berth so long as he stays fit.

• There's always someone faster than you, too - the Wallsall left winger gave Harri a torrid time in that game, and Harri has decent pace. I think JJ makes up for it a lot, with canny positional sense.

• @micra said:
    Isn’t it more a case of needing the pace and defensive nous of someone in front of him, a role performed to perfection by Nathan Tyson, now thankfully restored to fitness? I think it’s reasonable to assume that Adam El-Abd will occupy the left centre back berth so long as he stays fit.

Tyson does well at covering the overlapping full back, but it's simply not the job of a midfielder to double up on their right winger the way we play. That would totally negate Tyson's attacking threat if he was asked to do that.

Why is it reasonable to assume that El-Abd will continue to start over Stewart/ Charles when they're fit.

• @Shev said:
    There's always someone faster than you, too - the Wallsall left winger gave Harri a torrid time in that game, and Harri has decent pace. I think JJ makes up for it a lot, with canny positional sense.

Unless you are Mr Bolt!

• @Username: GA insists on his wide midfielders getting back to defend when necessary. Adam El-Abd is clearly GA’s preferred captain (and we saw why during the run-in to promotion) and, like Wesley Charles, he is a predominantly left-sided defender. Jombati and Stewart are right-sided.

• Wesley Charles ??