Skip to content

How Do You Watch That Every Week?

Comments

• @Chris said:

@LutonFan said:
    It is telling that not one of you has actually attempted to argue against my initial statement, which was that your style of play is truly atrocious, prefering instead to keep harping on about club size.

GA actually comes across as a decent fella in interviews, it is just a shame he advocates such a horrible brand of football.

I thought it was time you left, son?

To rebut that argument you’d have to accept that style and brand of football were in anyway relevant. There’s FIFA on the PlayStation and the Premier League on the TV if that’s the kind of thing you are interested in. I get more pleasure out of watching Akinfenwa smash in a long ball than a thousand well placed passes.

Can't get enough you chaps, Dad.

Sums it up i guess. Sort of goes against the "committed and talented" statement mind you....

• I know a couple of Luton supporters and they are decent people, I genuinely feel sorry for them.

• At least we haven't got a shit hole of a stadium.

• But it is our shithole of a stadium

• The Luton forum is a parody of what you’d expect.

Don’t blame this lad for coming here for his Friday night chat.

Half the threads are about Brexit, burkas, Stacey Dooley or Tommy Robinson.

You’d think if their football was so good they’d spend less time dwelling on those other four subjects.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    The Luton forum is a parody of what you’d expect.

You’d think if their football was so good they’d spend less time dwelling on those other four subjects.

Friday night? Bugger, i should have gone to work today....

• @LutonFan said:

A Freudian slip of the tongue, perhaps wishing today never happened?

Anyway, my point still stands, you’re still here.

• To be honest I always like playing Wycombe as it is a different sort of a game and you just have to battle your way through it,i was gutted the beast was not playing as I think he is a bit of a character,a bit like our Danny and there are not enough of those in the modern game now.A fair result today, you were all over us for about 15 mins then just went back to hoofing the ball again? I could not watch that every week.Thought your player with the dreads was class and I think you will do well to keep him next year,good luck with that,and by the way we Luton fans are not all dickheads(just a few as I am sure you have your fair share as well)Looking forward to playing you again.

• and another victory!

• @mooneyman said:
    At least we haven't got a shit hole of a stadium.

Indeed, your place is a truly magnificent arena.

Anyway, i really must be off. Thanks for the robust exchange of views.

On a serious note, i trust you all had a safe trip home. See y'all next time round...

• @LutonFan said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    The Luton forum is a parody of what you’d expect.

Those dog shit bins don’t empty themselves

• Is this poster the same Luton fan who heckled me in the street after the game with the unbelievably inventive "They're shit, your team"?

• But Wycombe were really poor today after a really good start,was hoping it was going to be a really good ding dong of a game but you just started hoofing the ball again,what happened?

• @lilyrose said:
    To be honest I always like playing Wycombe as it is a different sort of a game and you just have to battle your way through it,i was gutted the beast was not playing as I think he is a bit of a character,a bit like our Danny and there are not enough of those in the modern game now.

In what way is Hylton a bit like Bayo? One is a cheat who has been found guilty of using racist language. The other is genuinely charming off the field and a role model for never giving up on your dreams. If the modern game never sees another Hylton I’ll be a happy man.

• I do like the beast really think he is great and good at what he does as is our Danny who is also charming off the field and does lots for kids as a lot of players do these days

• As I said I know a couple of Luton supporters and they freely admit that they hated him as the cheating turd he is when he was at Oxford, now he’s a character

• Because nobody cheats at all at Wycombe do they

• @lilyrose said:
    Because nobody cheats at all at Wycombe do they

I think the point being made is our ‘character’ never racially abused anyone.

• As I said I like the beast and when all the fans try to wind him up about his size and then he goes and scores and puts his hands up to his ears it is great but every time he jumps for the ball he nudges the player and gets away with it every time,is that not sort of cheating as well?

• @lilyrose said:
    I do like the beast really think he is great and good at what he does as is our Danny who is also charming off the field and does lots for kids as a lot of players do these days

The Beast isn't a cheating diver though.

• Actually quite insulting

• he does dive sometimes I agree(and I hate this) but so do a lot of other players including Wycombe...and foul constantly like today and timewaste

• @mooneyman said:

@lilyrose said:
    I do like the beast really think he is great and good at what he does as is our Danny who is also charming off the field and does lots for kids as a lot of players do these days

The Beast isn't a cheating diver though.

No he just pushes people over instead and gets away with it

• @OxfordBlue said:

@lilyrose said:
    Because nobody cheats at all at Wycombe do they

I think the point being made is our ‘character’ never racially abused anyone.

I can not stand anything racist but that was years ago and he was extremely sorry about it

• Oh, that makes it alright then.

• @Morris_Ital said:
    Actually quite insulting

What is insulting> @drcongo said:

Oh, that makes it alright then.

no of coarse it does not but we all make stupid mistakes in life as I am sure you,every Wycombe player and fan have as well.

• I can not stand anything racist..

Stop singing about Tommy Robinson, Luton Town CEO tells fans

Are they all characters as well

• Anyway good luck for the rest of the season

• I give up,as I said there are idiots everywhere in life and we have a few as well as everywhere else