Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Aaron Pierre scores yet again for Northamton,he's getting prolific lately!

• Paul Lambert to take over at Ipswich.

• Ha! That'll make the next tractor derby interesting. Someone at work saw a game at Ipswich recently and said they were absolutely appalling in every department.

• Does he just like flitting to a team's rivals?
    Us to Col U.
    Norwich to Ipswich.

Where after that? Birmingham?

• Glasgow Rangers ????

• Reece Styche has moved from Darlington to Alfreton Town, his 15th club.

• Burton play very entertaining football and are doing well leading against Forest in the cup. Keep forgetting Martin Taylor is the GK coach there but just spotted him on the sideline.

• Tafari fouling 09 to concede a penalty today

• The PNL were not the only Oxon club to throw a 3 goal lead away yesterday. in the bottom of the table clash in the Southern central div game. Kidlinton were three up after 17 mins, and still 3-1 up at 90 mins, but George Seacole son of ex Wanderers stiker got his second of the day along with a goal from Landers to give North Leigh a share of the points.

• Ben Strevens is now the permanent Eastleigh manager.

• There's a great video currently doing the rounds on the facebook group of Sammy Wood, pissed in a club, dressed as a giraffe, singing his own chant. Worth a watch.

• I think I might give that a miss.

• Danny Rowe in now at Frickley Athletic I was surprised to see him last Saturday against Morpeth Town. I have a feeling it's his mental state of mind that led to problems.

• A lot that, and a bit down to never nailing down one position.

• Hakan Hayrettin has been installed (again) as manager at Braintree Town.

• Tommy Fletcher signs for Essex Senior League Premier Division outfit St Margaretsbury FC.

• Fletcher along with Shahed Ahmed, how the hell did they ever get near our level ?

• God that’s a name from the past @ChasHarps

• Seem to remember Ahmed coming through pretty much the same time as Anya - am I thinking of the same guy?

• I don't think he came through our system. We signed him from Wimbledon didn't we?

• We did @eric_plant. He's 33 now, looking at his twitter account, he's living in Dubai and working as a construction lawyer.

• Gateshead's Mike Williamson, 35 yesterday, is the National League Player of the Month for October.

• Kadeem Harris playing well for Cardiff.

• Roger Johnson opens the scoring for Brinkley against Peterborough.

• Brinkley?

• Bromley. Couldn’t edit.

• Know the feeling @floyd. I’m similarly afflicted. I’m not normally so quick on the draw but I was getting bad vibes from Kenilworth Road (only 6 on the bench again just when I thought that might not happen again) Morris presumably refused permission to play (not auguring well for our chances of retaining him in the New Year) Darius Charles presumably injured again, foul count the highest (apart from Northampton - 19 against our 18 and Junior Morias sent off in the 100th minute).
    Peterborough seems a long time ago. And that’s the first time for a few years that I couldn’t face listening to the second half.
    On top of that, the worrying uncertainties off the pitch.

Oh me, oh my. This is not like me at all.
    Nothing that three points next Saturday won’t cure perhaps.

• Don't worry @micra, i am confident that this time next week we'll be debating whether our win at the Stadium of Light outranks our win at Maine Road.

• After watching Sunderland at Vale Park, I think my 1-2 WHC forecast for next Saturday might err on the side of pessimism. But we must beware their number 13 who looked impressive when he came on late in the game!