Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford (EFL Throphy)

Comments

• So you're boycotting it, yet still making a thread about it?!

• I am boycotting attending the EFL. I still want Wycombe to win, also interested what team we will put out, are we resting players for the FA Cup? (I am not boycotting that) Be great if someone at the ground could post the team.
    Thanks BSE

• anyone know what is happening with Saunders? not been involved for a few games...is he Injured ?

• Looks an exciting front line up, though we can probably say that most days such is our set of options now!

Starting XI: Ma-Kalambay, Jombati, Gape, El-Abd, Bean, Mackail-Smith, Kashket, Thompson, Onyedinma, Freeman, Fox.

• Ooh I hope Oxford don't have a quick right winger.

• Is Fox slow? I genuinely don't know

(Presuming you're not thinking Bean is left back because of the order above!)

• I was assuming Bean at RB, don't recall seeing Fox play.
    But I think I heard he was cover for JJ

• I assumed we were playing three at the back looking at that lineup.

• Gape right back, Fox left back surely?
    Bean Thompson centre mid.

Unless we're messing with some sort of wing backs.

• Fox and El-Abd in the middle Surely? Sido and Bean at full back.

Anthony Stewart and Nathan Tyson are taking part in the warm up which is encouraging.

• Oxford score straight from kick-off by the sound of it.

• If we get Stewart & Tyson back and they stay fit a top 10mfinish would be achievable.

• BSEBSE
    edited November 2018

@Malone I dont agree with the competition myself, however as i do a match thread every week i didn't think it was fair on those who want to discuss the game not getting a thread because i disagree with it myself.

• Are the (potential) new owners in attendance tonight?

• They maybe have decided to go home by now though!!

• 2-0 now.

• I'm not there tonight but reckon the Americans might have enjoyed Saturday's "matchday experience" a bit more than tonight's

• Fox is no Mawson, more of a Donicean!

• Remember Saturday... well this is the complete opposite performance wise

• Different players, alien formation, one of the back three playing his first competitive game for months. Oxford, with more regular first teamers than us and fired up following their collapse on Saturday.

• Quite unlucky how the results have fallen to face going out with 2 wins in the groups!

Not a disaster going out, but with such a big squad now it's very useful getting players a good run out.
    Still, get a quick goal back, and you never know.

Poor Fox coming in for his first game in ages, in a strange back 3 does not help in the slightest.

• Sounds like we're treating the competition with the respect it deserves at least.

• Now we have a biggish squad again, how about we start entering the Berks and Bucks again? I'd take far more pride in us participating in that than the McPot Noodle in association with E4+1 Challenge Urn.

• I’m curious as to whether @BSE had some inside information and hinted in the thread title that Wycombe were going to throw the match.

• Right someone please tell me. Who was that yob that squares up to the Wycombe drummer. he had no right to do that at all and get in his face. doesn’t matter if your 3:0 down that’s where the team needs you the most etc. roll on Luton away

• Probably Richie

• Very good @drcongo - sadly Oxford better than us in all departments this evening

• Best team won this time.....no doubt about that. We really didn't seem to be in the game at all and offered nothing really. Oh well roll on Saturday! We go again.

• Ok that felt like a reserve game from 1996, wow that was not good.
    Fox needs longer studs as fell over repeatedly, 3 at the back in the first half didn't help, cutting us apart down the wings.
    Good excuse to get out of the house on a Tuesday night though.
    Let's get 3 points at the weekend.
    COYB