Skip to content

Luton (A) 10/11 - FA Cup 1st Round 2018 / 19 - Sat 10/11/18 - Attendance predictions

Here is the link to the spreadsheet -

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f28mWHqnzaEHRIKrsW6lOVIWyik2ZdSJEOYsAjkimNU/edit?usp=sharing

I think this will be a very hard one to get right. Neither club wanted to play each other although I think that the game will have a sort of dread fascination for both sets of fans. Both teams are on a run of reasonable form - we did much better than they did on Saturday.

Their ground is close, atmospheric in my opinion, and also uncomfortable.

I must remember to point out to 3CR that on our current form we are playoff contenders and if they do manage to get there as well as us then we could play them 5 times this season.

They think they are a very very big club - after all didn't they win League Two last season. Also they have divine guidance, which has been a big help to Diving Danny Hylton who unfortunately probably won't be on the pitch to hear us serenade him about his penalty taking ability. We are owned by the fans.

So without too much thought I predict 7985 with 575 from Wycombe and nil - 2 to us.

Happy predicting.

Comments

• Thanks for all the hard work you do with this every week @railwaysteve. It is a labour of love but I’m sure those of who participate appreciate it and it does add a little more fun to every game.

I’m going for 5938 with 482 squashed chairboys. It’s either going to be an exciting 3-2 encounter to either side or a miserable 2-0 defeat.

• Thanks for the kind comment @bookertease - I will put score predictions up in the spreadsheet for this one - if @DevC doesn't include it in his score prediction season competition.

• I will go 6644 and 415. And I initially must-read your opening post as "diving guidance", which actually makes sense!

• *mis-read

• edited November 2018

6169 (600 away)
    Luton 1-2 Wycombe

• 7,122 with 846 Chairboys see us win 3-2.

• 7450 with 550 of us

• 7840 with 619 Chairboys in attendance to watch a 1-1 draw

• 7289 with 792 away witnessing a 2-1 Wycombe win.

• 6981 with 662 celebrating a Wycombe win and Luton reduced to 9 men after their centre back and keeper trade punches due to the latter blaming the former for our fourth goal on 67 minutes. We add a fifth and sixth. Paris 1, Fred 1, CMS 3, Charles 1. Just call me Mystic Manboobs.

• 7250 including 685 Wycombe. 2-2.

• 7888 with 777 Bucks Boys (and girls - a la Monty Python!)

• 7,365 including 815 away

• And the Lord saw a spawny 0-1 away win in controversial circumstances and it was good. 7234 righteous hatters 855 bucks devils

• = 8089 @Wendoverman ? (I believe I’m a Countdown Octochamp in the making.)

• I'll make it 666 if you like @micra?

• It's the fa cup and the weather should be reasonable and my predictions are universally and appallingly wrong.

• 7272 with 612 chairboys
    Lu'on 2-3 Wanderers

• Not impossible I could look very silly come 5pm on Saturday but I am going to go 5204 (526 in blue)

• 5901 with 503 chairboys and girls.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I'll make it 666 if you like @micra?

At least you’d be nearer but surely 20 is the number of the beast?
    You’re definitely OTT with a gate in excess of 8000.

• @micra I like to live on the edge...of reason.

• edited November 2018

Ha @Wendoverman - craftily I stayed only just on the side of reason with 7985.

15 predcitions so far:

Average for Total Crowd: 7145
    Average for Blue Army 652

We give ourselves just over 9% of the crowd, if the score predictions are anything like correct we will be making 91% of the noise. Out of nine who venture a say, seven say we win and two say we draw, no-one fancies Luton.

@Manboobs I have put you down for 0 - 6 as you didn't mention any goals for the spiritually enhanced team. If further occult enquires reveal any I am happy to update.

On that subject - the spreadsheet should have everyone's data in. If I have missed anything please let me know.

I intend to purchase my tickets tomorrow. Up with the Blues.

• Think you missed me, mate. I’m a bit of an outlier on this one. We’ll see....

• I can’t say I fancy Luton but I do think they’ll win 2-0

• Apparently less than 80 tickets remain from the initial allocation. Game is all ticket.

• I did not read the ticket allocation figure before I made me prediction but as I'm usually never even close to the right figure anyway I'm going to stick with it assuming that dark forces out of Bucks will ensure it comes to pass.

• I was told just under 500 this morning when I picked mine up @OxfordBlue which I did think was a bit low at this stage.

• The club site suggests the allocation was just under 800. Can’t remember exact number.

• 6033 including 777 us