Skip to content

Alex Lynch

thought his contract ran out now as well, but couldn't see his name on contract offered/released list. Have I missed something?

Remarkable start to professional career from the lad, from looking really nervous at Plymouth to a really very assured performance at Wembley. Only concern with him is that he does still look very small for a GK - very unsporting of those nasty Southend brutes to keep putting the penalties in the corner where he couldn't reach!

hope he fills out a bit over the summer (and maybe grows a bit) and goes on to have a good career either with Wycombe or elsewhere. Whatever happens can never take away from him his day playing at Wembley.

Comments

• Plus he hit the crossbar with his first kick of the day in the warm up.

• @DevC COTN says:

"Wanderers confirmed on 2nd July 2014 the signing of 19 year old goalkeeper Alex Lynch on a free transfer following his release from League One side Peterborough United. He has signed a two year deal with Wycombe and is said to have signed in order to, "develop his career under goalkeeping coach Barry Richardson, with whom he worked at the Posh." The Welsh U19 international spent time on loan with Stamford AFC last season having signed from Welsh side Amlwch Town in 2011"

As to his bulk/frame, I agree with you although he seems tall enough and as I recall Matt Ingram was far from the man-mountain he is now when he got his debut.

• Martin Taylor was far from the tallest. Wycombe legend.

• Horlock has gone so its fair to say that he has proved himself to GA in the biggest of games. We have a very steady number 2 now for next year and more than capable of deputizing for Matt Ingram as and when needed.

• Alex is 187cm so tall enough needs to bulk a bit for sure tho but only 20 last month!!

• If Ingram stays, Lynch should be played in the league and mickey mouse cups to give him more match experience.

• @mooneyman - hopefully we'll start to see a pattern for the club. Alex needs some game time to build up experience and confidence so that when MI does leave we'll have a replacement ready.

• Surely logic would be put him out on loan with a 24 hr recall. Maybe have him back while loan window shuts. Richardson fine to have on bench for injuries during game.

• Also Shearer has just moved back to High Wycombe, after speaking to him he has a club that he is going to in Lge 2 but will not confirm who it is.

• @DevC said:
    Surely logic would be put him out on loan with a 24 hr recall. Maybe have him back while loan window shuts. Richardson fine to have on bench for injuries during game.

Seems like the right idea to me.

• @Chris said:

Totally agree, Lynch needs competitive game (continues to train once/three times per week with our squad) time and 24 hr recall clause would be bang on the money.