Skip to content

Match day thread: Peterborough

Comments

• Wycombe: Allsop, Jacobson, Gape, El-Abd (c), Cowan-Hall, Morris, Onyedinma, Charles, Williams, Samuel, McCarthy.

Subs: Ma-Kalambay, Jombati, Bean, Mackail-Smith, Kashket, Thompson, Freeman. #WYCvPET

— Wycombe Wanderers (@wwfcofficial) November 3, 2018
  • Interesting to see the formation. 4-2-3-1?

• Where is Bayo?

• Injured.

• Well that’s the ‘interesting’ with a big tick already!

• Best football I've seen us play under pep ainsworth.... breath of fresh air ??

• I'm with red. Some really nice football. I fear tbey are more of a threat in the box but the gulf is not that huge considering their position. We could nick it. Williams and Samuels on fire.

• Shame I’m stuck the other side of the Atlantic missing it. I know how @Shev feels now. Weird checking your phone all the time over breakfast!!

COYB

• Great result.

• Brilliant result. That must be one of the youngest starting 11 we’ve had for a long time

• Didn’t we used to have the hex on Posh for ages at Adams Park? Perhaps it’s returned.

• Elsewhere;

Oxford, 3-0 up against Scunthorpe, concede 3 goals in 6 minutes to draw 3-3. The PNL's remain in the bottom four, as do Plymouth after a 2-0 defeat to Sunderland.

Diving Danny gets a straight red in Luton's 0-0 draw with Rochdale and will now presumably be suspended for our FA Cup game next week.

• That was the "complete performance" on my birthday aswell beautiful football played on the floor superb movement and every player putting there bodies on the line against a team undefeated away this season!!! Suck on them battered mars bars mr evans ??

• Great display and great result. Too true @bookertease - but it doesn't half start the weekend well when you have beaten Peterborough and it is still 11am on Saturday!

I hope you are having a great time stateside!

• A little further south but indeed I am @Shev thanks. The result always helps.

And happy birthday @bigred87

• we were simply incredible...best I have seen is play for years !!! everyone to a man was brilliant ...totally outplayed, outfought, outthought a team that will.probably get promoted . Fred and Samuels were pure class ....well done boys !

• That’s why we go to watch football. Best performance of the season

• That was an excellent performance today and a fantastic result. An all round team effort and thoroughly deserved the three points.
    A good way to start what was looking like a difficult set of November fixtures. Now I can't wait for the next game.

• That was a masterclass in executing a game plan and reaping the rewards. The discipline shown throughout the team was wonderful. We made the Posh look rather ordinary and we didn't even waste much time after the goal. Happy days.

• @bookertease said:
    A little further south but indeed I am @Shev thanks. The result always helps.

And happy birthday @bigred87

??

• Agree with all the above, pretty much the perfect performance from us today, we were brilliant! Played some really pleasing football and to be honest, at times outplayed a supposedly much superior team. Possibly one of our finest displays of the Ainsworth era and without doubt the best we've played this season.

• They were a really good team keeping the game moving at a pace and we matched them. Charles was good. Rocky pulled off three great saves. Once the goals come Samuels will be frightening. Paris and Fred excellent and if Morris stays we will be very very lucky. Dom gape and the much maligned by some macca werevalao good. No target for set pieces but we had to.play on the floor and we did. Win and clean sheet. Fantastic.

• Superb football, and it gives me great faith for ‘life without Bayo’.

Some intricate passing moves, only hoofing it when appropriate, first to every second ball.

Only negative is JJ consistently overhitting corners but his all round game was decent. We may as well leave a man on the far touch line as he’s got a decent chance of being free to put in another cross.

• @Wycombe85 Thanks for typing my thoughts for me. COYB's

• Tremendous game. Commitment all over the pitch. Morris imperious in the middle, Fred, Samuels & Paris all worked their arses off - probably inspired by not having balls fired at their heads all afternoon.

I would love to see us play like that with Bayo in the team.

• Only negative was seeing Bayo in a protective boot.

A quite superb performance and as others have said, the best display of the season to date. Anyone could have got MOM

Some special mentions though- the work rate and quality of Samuel, Fred and PCH. And how good were Gape and Morris in the middle today? Back 4 solid as a rock and Allsop with two game changing saves.

Great crowd and atmosphere today too showing off the best of this club. The huge roars of Wanderers echoing round the ground was superb.

We just made a very decent tram look extremely ordinary - sending their odious manager into a fit of rage. Happy days.

• Simply stunning performance, to a man they were all absolutely brilliant. Don’t want to single people out but Samuel, Morris and Fred were exceptional.

COYB’s!

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Only negative was seeing Bayo in a protective boot.

A quite superb performance and as others have said, the best display of the season to date. Anyone could have got MOM

Some special mentions though- the work rate and quality of Samuel, Fred and PCH. And how good were Gape and Morris in the middle today? Back 4 solid as a rock and Allsop with two game changing saves.

Great crowd and atmosphere today too showing off the best of this club. The huge roars of Wanderers echoing round the ground was superb.

We just made a very decent tram look extremely ordinary - sending their odious manager into a fit of rage. Happy days.

The atmosphere really picked up in the second half. At one point during a rousing barmy army, Chapman even turned around and gave a nod to the terrace.

• That was brilliant

What a performance from Morris and Allsop

• Great win.
    Samuel has to be good for a contract extension.
    He gets the ethos to a tee - spotted doing the obligatory shoe lace tie to delay the re-start after our goal!