Skip to content

Pre/post match pub

Hi all, I'm looking for someone advice on pubs in HW for tomorrow. I'm a blues fan but am not local so I'm not familiar with the pubs in the area. I'm looking to find a pub to watch the Liverpool game after the match but am looking for somewhere that has a pool table and preferably does food.
Anywhere that matches that description in the area? Seems there used to be plenty of places but not any more. Used to stop at the half moon but I think that's closed now.

Comments

• The Bootlegger shows all the football games and has a good selection of beer, albeit a fair distance from the ground.

I can’t remember the new name for the Hobgoblin in town but shows football and has a pool table, but fairly dreadful beer.

• Last time I went in the Hobgoblin it appeared to be a post-brexit theme pub. All the beer pumps were off, there was vomit on the floor and about five customers. It was 7.30pm on a Saturday.

• I seem to recall the peak hours for the Hobgoblin were between 9-11am.

• The Hobgoblin has reverted to its historic name The Three Tuns. Sadly beer quality is a bit inconsistent.

• Ended up going Bluegrass beforehand and then the Bootlegger as that's always a good place. Only issue is the number of away fans you get there given it's next to the station. Great range of drinks though

• Bluegrass and Bootleggers no wonder your nickname is Posh, you must be minted !!

• I find one of the appeals of the Bootleggers IS the away fans in there. Most of them are a civilised bunch and you can usually have a good chat with them before the game. Not been in there after the game though so don’t know what they are like if they lose.

• edited November 2018

Does the bootlegger still refuse entry if you are wearing a football colours? Has put me off going there in the past and hadn't heard that they have changed the ruling.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Does the bootlegger still refuse entry if you are wearing a football colours? Has put me off going there in the past and hadn't heard that they have changed the ruling.

No, they have lifted that absurd rule.

• What's Bluegrass?

• Bluegrass BBQ Smokehouse. Tucked away next to O'Neills does really good burgers, pulled pork, ribs etc. Discovered it a couple of years back and now tend to meet there before any home games I can get to.

• I'd never heard of it before either but having just looked at the breakfast menu I'll be setting off for Wycombe nice and early next home game.

• Bluegrass is very good. I went there after the Blackpool game on first day of the season with low expectations of eating gimmicky crap but its actually very well cooked with a good menu.

• Is it a vegetarian restaurant? :-)

• Sounds great