Skip to content

What was the final Wycombe attendance onSaturday?

The Bristol Rovers forum is adamant that we only had 12K , but the club were tweeting in excess of 15k tickets sold on Friday.

Comments

• Well we know for a fact that Southend did not take 28k, I think Rovers could be the new Colchester for us. I would say 16.5k

• Well if a Bristol Rovers fan says so, it must be true mustn't it?

• @Gordon_Ottershaw said:
    The Bristol Rovers forum is adamant that we only had 12K , but the club were tweeting in excess of 15k tickets sold on Friday.

The Bristol number system is based on twelve it matches the number of toes most of them are born with.

• Who the hell cares, we took what we took and made a lot of noise.

• I'm sure we could have sold more. I know a few people who were put off buying tickets because they were unavailable in the price range they could afford (admittedly, none of who had been to a match before), only to see the sections empty when I got there. The equivalent to 117 opposite was unavailable but empty, if you went one section along, the tickets went up a price band, strangely available. Still, the atmosphere was great and the person who came with us who wasn't a regular plans to be this season!

• We had approx 17,000 decent turn out seeing the the club has had such a hard time in last few years

• How many tickets each were we given? I seem to remember it being 21,000, which if that is the case, on an attendance of 38,252, means even if Southend sold their full allocation means we took 17, 252.

• @niebieski Yes, but there were also neutrals, and corporate types ambling down to their seats ten minutes after kick-off, just like you always see on TV for the Cup Final and international matches.

I'd guess probably 16K Wycombe and 20K Southend.

• 16/17. Southend did not take up their full allocation so around 19/20, plus a couple of thousand officials, family members etc in the middle sections. A shame that Ticketmonkeys prioritised filling pricier blocks in the middle tier rather than make the cheaper seats in the corner of the lower bowl available.

• Apparently tickets purchased at Wembley on sat were discounted just heard a fan saying he paid less not sure if it was true

• @OX66 as TicketMonkey decided to block sales of cheaper seats from Weds, I imagine that is almost certainly true.