Skip to content

Walsall away by train

If you’re going to Walsall by train there’s a station (Bescot Stadium) right outside the ground. But leave a bit of extra time for your journey as there is a replacement bus service on the last leg of the journey. Tame Bridge Parkway is the next stop up the line (about 2 miles away). It’ll only be 5 minutes by bus but what’s the betting the buses will be running late?

Comments

• Thanks for the info, can get the train from Liverpool for £19 return. Might take my little girl if the weather is ok.

• Good spot, thanks, no doubt there'll be a queue for that bus on the way back.

• After the match you can always simply walk back to Tame Bridge Parkway Station. It’s 1.6 miles on foot from Walsall’s ground.

• @A_Worboys trains from Wycombe don't look great - any way round a change at Leamington Spa?

• typical ref

• Got to lime street and my train was cancelled so headed home and going to drive instead.

The Next train never got into the Bescot station till 2.37 that was with a rail replacement so didn't want to chance it.

• The wait for the replacement bus back after the game was made more bearable seeing the scuffling Walsall fans over the road -and the police intervening?

• @blucket said:
    The wait for the replacement bus back after the game was made more bearable seeing the scuffling Walsall fans over the road -and the police intervening?

If you’re talking about the lads outside the hotel entrance, they were Wycombe. A few of them got a bit excitable with a pool triangle inside the hotel bar believe it or not.

• @OxfordBlue said:

@blucket said:
    The wait for the replacement bus back after the game was made more bearable seeing the scuffling Walsall fans over the road -and the police intervening?

If you’re talking about the lads outside the hotel entrance, they were Wycombe. A few of them got a bit excitable with a pool triangle inside the hotel bar believe it or not.

Think the few kicking off in the queue for the bus were Walsall, one was 12, few of ours wandered over to annoy the police as far as i could tell.

• No-not them-some others -Walsall-across the road-arent we all models of good behaviour?