Skip to content

Nico Yennaris

I know we are still all smarting but I thought Nico had a real good game and what a superb loan signing he has been this season. I for one would love to see him come back to Wycombe next season, either for a further loan or maybe as a Wycombe player.

I know Sam Saunders is the bigger name, and it would be great to have him back also, but Nico would be a real catch if we could get him.

Thoughts?

Comments

• You wouldn't get many games out of Saunders, wtf happened at kick off, threw us a serious curve ball. Never saw the challenge or foul on Saunders it was that quick.

• best player on the pitch by a mile, sadly everyone else would have seen that too so makes it more difficult to get him back

• I think Southend were determined to stop us getting off to a flyer as we did in both games against Plymouth. The guy that jumped on on Saunders was 3 yards in our half before we'd even kicked off!

• Yennaris was my man of the match by a long way.

• @Ciderk1d Southend player ran into our half before kick-off was taken, Saunders hesitated and got stomped.
    As for Yennaris and Saunders I've been hugely impressed by, sadly I think the only way we were going to keep them was if we got promoted.

• I highly doubt we'd be able to afford the wages of an established senior player on championship money, Pierre was still a youngster but Saunders and Yennaris would be a different story. Mawson? Maybe, but he's bound to have attracted the attention of bigger clubs.

• In the sun..they said nico had a quiet game! 6/10..but also gave saunders 6/10 for 2 seconds on the match..ludicrous. .star man in the whole match was JJ..8/10..

• Sky gave corr man of match yet sun gave him 6/10 as they said alfie had him in his pocket. .all about opinions I guess..
    Would love if nico stayed. .would also like the rest of the loaned to stay..guess we will have to see.

• Yennaris or Holloway for MOTM.

• Wouldn't want to choose between any players. All played a part and a big well done to them all.

• Yennaris for me

• I thought Bean was outstanding. And I usually moan about him....

• @Tom said:
    I thought Bean was outstanding. And I usually moan about him....

Really? I thought Bean was poor.

• Bean did a tidy job, as he has done for the last few games.

• If the season had been the last 5 games bean would of been player of the year. His penalty was also excellent under the most pressure

• Nah..Bean decent over the last few games. Played in a position that is new to him..give him credit..

• Keep them both.. but Bean was probably my man of the match

• At last, I've been observing the posts all day on players performances, waiting patiently for Bean to get a mention. Personally, since his move to right back, I believe he has been outstanding & believe he had a very solid game yesterday. I feared for us when they put on the very direct Miles Weston against Beans' flagging energy levels, however I thought he coped extremely well. Bean will be a very good asset for us next season as he can "multi task", in midfield and defence.

• 5 to 10 games ago, people were abusing Bean and booing him, pretty shameful stuff amd now he is a hero, has there ever been such a big turn around in a few games for a player?

• Steven Craig?

• Steve Brown

• Joel Grant

• Took a while for Brownie but certainly a classic case of villain to hero

• Can't understand the animosity towards Bean. Was class at Wembley and other games too. Even when he is having an off day you cannot fault his commitment. Surely this is all a fan can ask for after watching the Dean Morgans of this world playing for our club!

• Yennaris stood out as clear man of the match for me. There's a lot of 'Scowen' in his game, which is sadly why he's probably too good for us in League 2.

Part of me is still dreaming of a repeat scenario of the Pierre news last summer, this time with Mawson. That would be a signing to top them all.

• @WWFC_AE said:
    Ciderk1d Southend player ran into our half before kick-off was taken, Saunders hesitated and got stomped.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that, maybe I'm over thinking it, but I do wonder if that wasn't a pre-planned move on Southends part. They knew exactly where they were going before the ball moved.