Skip to content

Cheesed Off

I wish people would frantically stop look for positives when the fact of the matter is that the Southend performance was shocking.Every team which comes here looks fitter and faster while we seem lethargic with little urgency. It was obvious at half time that the system wasn't working but well into the second half before drastic changes were made. I fail to understand why Samuel ,who was man of the match on Tuesday, did not even make the bench and yet again Freeman was overlooked .What does the man have to do to get into the team ? i accept that two of our major defenders are injured ,but that does not excuse the overall performance.For goodness sake start playing football on the ground rather than hoofball,then we might achieve some sucess and offer some pleasure to the fans

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Anyone that saw the game at Portsmouth would have been more than happy to see it was an unchanged team start against Southend.
    I remember a similar ‘why can’t we play it on the gound’ post very early last season, along the same lines that GA didn’t know what he was doing. There’s a long way to go and with one or two exceptions we’ve performed pretty well, even if our points tally doesn’t reflect it.
    Personally I’m more concerned with the events off the pitch than on it. At least in GA with have someone we can trust.

• I thought someone on her had made it clear that GA is deliberately sabotaging our efforts to be successful do that we end up begging for outside ‘investment’...

Joking aside we don’t seem to have worked out a way to play teams at around our level at the moment. Particularly at home. We will though. Maybe.

• Who was looking for positives exactly?

We'd completely been smashed, and it was only the maddest gung ho display seen for a long time that got us even back within a goal's worth.
    Even Gaz kept saying we can't keep doing this every week in his radio interview.

• I like brie

• @hughie I'm not sure anyone has sung that many praises after a defeat. We're all quite realistic on here...for example I think the season ends in may and there are still teams below us and teams only a few points away from us above. I also enjoyed the.luton and Oxford games despite us not winning. I suspect a few of us think it's not all.over yet...

• @LX1 said:
    I like brie

Understood.

• I think there was definitely an air of, we're playing well, it's a given the results will follow.

But Saturday showed that is definitely not any sort of given at all.

• "I wish people would frantically stop look for positives."

Is it possible to frantically stop doing something?

• Wenseleydale is strong

• I cannot bear all this reference to cheese

• Stilton is even stronger

• @wformation grizzly or brown?

• I am now intrigued to see if this thread trends towards cheese puns or bear puns. Talk about a fork in the road...

• It's a polarizing situation.

• Subtle cambazola for me, but like brie as well, A lot depends on the ooze factor with brie though?

• I camembert it no longer...

(2 for 1 deal)

• We could really end up in a pickle.

• Either way we’ll have to take the gouda with the bad.

• Cheese & O’Nien

• After Southend I was feeling blue and with a Fleetwood win being a feta compli I may need wise counsel from my Yogi.

• This thread is crackers.

• No puns here..... blackbomber cheese is quite simply the best thing ever made, i urge anyone who hasn't tried it to get yourself to a Waitrose cheese counter or lacys farmshop.... buy along side a sourdough french stick and a good quailty olive oil and you will be in cheese heaven

• Is that the one that comes in a black wax and looks a little like a cartoon bomb?

• As long as the team play with the passion to rock a fort, I don’t give e dam

• Just been to Waitrose but the quail eggs had all gone. However they had enough olive oil to fill the swimming pool.

• @drcongo said:
    Is that the one that comes in a black wax and looks a little like a cartoon bomb?

Oh yes.....

• @Shev surely as a Blues Fan you must go for Maytag

• Is it possible construct a cheese based starting XI of former wanderers?

• Obviously you’ve got John Cheesewright in goal.