Skip to content

WHC Latest plus saarfend(h), Fleetwood (a)

A day of big movements and multiple talking points.

After a run of five correct predictions, Mooney finally gets one wrong
Wendover gets his first correct prediction of the season leaving just Derek Manboobs still looking for a first win
Mooney's commanding lead slashed to just eight points

But most delightfully of all, the last minute penalty gave Micra a correct score prediction and eight points on his 80th birthday (well almost). Well done mate.

Seven correct predictions, three with correct score

Pos Team Season Week Movemnt
1 Mooneyman 32 -2 0
2 ned Ludd 24 8 0
3 LX 20 6 1
4 Micra 20 8 2
5 Shev 13 -2 -2
6 Booker Tease 10 -4 -1
7 DevC 8 -3 0
8 Forever blue 8 -2 0
9 Railway Steve 8 8 6
10 Wig and Pen 7 -1 -1
11 York exile 6 -2 -1
12 Oxford Blue 6 6 4
13 Ryan Kirkby 4 -3 -2
14 HolmerBlue 4 6 4
15 NorsQuarters 1 -1 -2
16 cecil 0 -3 -4
17 Twizz 0 -1 -3
18 Chris -2 -1 -1
19 Uncle T -6 -3 0
20 Wendoverman -6 6 5
21 Onlooker -7 -2 -1
22 Dr Congo -7 -1 -1
23 Thicket blue -8 -2 -1
24 Ox66 -9 -1 -1
25 Johnny King -11 -2 -1
26 Manboobs -17 -1 0

Next up Southend at home and fleetwood away. Predictions for both in this thread please - you can wait until after southend to predict fleetwood if you wish

Comments

• 2-1 Wycombe in both.

• Wycombe 2 -1 Southend
    Fleetwood 1 -0 Wycombe

• Wycombe 1-1 Southend
    Fleetwood 2-1 Wycombe

• The Derek reference has sailed way over. Care to explain?

• Oh and Southend 1, Us 2 and Fleetwood 2, us, sadly, 0.

• Sorry Mr Boobs, just picking up that you and Derek Adams both haven’t got a win yet. To be fair you have been unlucky, he deserves every disappointment.

• I predict wins, we get draws or defeats. I predict a defeat, we get a draw. The only time we've won is when I predicted a draw, so therefore, in a selfless attempt to get a first home league win of the season at the expense of a correct prediction, I will go for a 2-2 draw with Saaarfend.

• 2.0 wycombe v southend. 2.2 with fleetwood

• @DevC said:
    Sorry Mr Boobs, just picking up that you and Derek Adams both haven’t got a win yet. To be fair you have been unlucky, he deserves every disappointment.

Ah gotcha. Just don’t call me Danny as when my fortune improves it won’t be by skullduggery.

• Wycombe 3-1 Southend
    Fleetwood 0-2 Wycombe

• Wycombe 2 Southend 1

Going to hold back on Fleetwood for now if you don't mind

• Wycombe 3 - 1 Southend

• Wycombe 1 Southend 0

• 2-1 v sarfend

• Wycombe 2 - Southend 1

• Wycombe 3 Southend 2.

• Thanks to @micra for the well timed birthday - I added an additional goal to my prediction for us against Portsmouth on for the occasion, coupled with the extra goal I added to Portsmouth in order to counter my consistent optimism worked very well as a system.
    No @micra bonus goal this time but I will add one to the Southend score to compensate for my lack of realism.

So please put me down for Wycombe 2 Southend 1.

I will start a crowd thread for the game soon.

• Wycombe 1-1 Southend

• Wycombe 2 - Southend 1
    Fleetwood 1 - Wycombe 1

• Wycombe 1-1 Southend

• I am so proud. I'd like to thank...oh they're winding me up. @Devc am I right that as I am on me hols I have already posted my Sarfend, Fleetwood and Burton predictions?

• If not I repeat Wycombe 1 - Southend 1, Fleetwood 1 - Wycombe O (Joey Barton sent to stands) and Wycombe 1 - Burton 0.

• edited September 2018

yes all received, @Wendoverman

@LX would you like me to accept 30 more 1-1 draws................

• Wycombe 1-0 Southend
    Fleetwood 1-1 Wycombe

• Wycombe Wanderers 2 - Southend United 1

• I'll go 1-1

• @Wendoverman said:
    If not I repeat Wycombe 1 - Southend 1, Fleetwood 1 - Wycombe O (Joey Barton sent to stands) and Wycombe 1 - Burton 0.

Not expecting a goalfest then @Wendoverman. I suppose, after last night’s glut, we must expect a bit of a famine.

• @micra my predictions were made before the recent results but I decided to stick with them as I could not be bothered to change them and risk looking more foolish when they do actually came to pass. I think the last couple of games we've been forced into scoring more goals in an effort to get back into it. On the whole I'm expecting most League One games this year to be far more low scoring! I suspect Southend will be tricky, cagey customers (though I am told Powell keeps tinkering with formations to varying degrees of success) and Fleetwood are unbeaten for a while and might have home advantage. By the time Nigel and Burton roll up we will have worked out how to win. Just. Then again they might all be 5-4 wins.

• If only!

• Wyc 1 southend 1
    Fleetwood 2 Wyc 1