Skip to content

Match day thread: Portsmouth

13»

Comments

• @norse said:
    It is a great pleasure that I will never see Wycombe again with that steroids-built fat splodge up front who you hero-worship, the dark arts and cheating of your team and your obnoxious, cowardly wannabe fans.

About time that teams like yours were resigned to the trash-heap of history, where you belong you pikey scum.

Such ire! Have you thought about attending an anger management course? Perhaps you are another "we are a massive football club, so your small town team should roll over" follower? You may note, I didn't describe you as a supporter.

• @Shev said:
    I think Norse is the bloke with the tattoos and top hat.

That’s his mum

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Darius Charles seems to have hit the ground running after so long out. Any idea what his injury was?

It was an injury to his left hip or thereabouts. I say “thereabouts” because I’m not sure that it was the hip itself. When he was introduced to us in the Woodland Lounge before the Oxford game he indicated that the problem had been in that general area. He said that he’d had an injection there and, with his hands, he seemed to indicate that the needle was 6” to 8” long. Ouch! But it appears to have done the trick. He played very well against the Fulham youngsters on Tuesday and again yesterday against seasoned pros. He is not averse to surging forward at times either.

Can’t recall the source but someone mentioned yesterday that Adam El Abd is about to resume full training.

• Buckinghamshire! What what! No pikeys round there me hearties! :blush:

• Thanks for the insight, @micra, and that is great news about El And. I must admit, I almost feel as though any central defensive pairing would work at this point, as they have all played so well.

• Only jimmy Saville funded hospitals.

Buckinghamshire you say? Long way from Buckingham to high Wycombe.

• edited September 2018

Does Norse stand for - Newly opened really soon exiting?

• I feel slightly sullied by the name assosiation with this wally but a bit of banter never hurt I suppose. Looking forward to some more points on the board and the belief that we can go out and win games. Only one loss in nine is a pretty good but we could do with another win soon.

• Does the p word merit a ban? If not out and out racism it’s certainly used as a pejorative term for a group of people and worse than that his banter is a bit shit.

• On a forum where abusive types who constantly make fake ITK stuff up can't get banned, I'm not sure if bannings still exist?

• @norse said:

Buckinghamshire you say? Long way from Buckingham to high Wycombe.

Wait, are you suggesting High Wycombe actually isn't in Buckinghamshire?
    Have you uncovered the greatest geographic conspiracy of the age?
    Are you getting the help you need?

So many questions.

• @Shev said:
    I think Norse is the bloke with the tattoos and top hat.

My mate went along to a Pompey game once and was stood next to him. Said he was the smelliest man he had ever encountered.

The atmosphere at Adams Park might not be electric, but at least we don't have some smelly bugger ringing a bell for the entire 90 minutes.

• When your lads turned up on the minibus, you began chanting all that 'pikey is racist' stuff, really put people off of your little team.

• And the whole Jimmy Saville protection by you and your team was bang out of order. A ghastly team for sure.

• Oh Norse you are so deluded.
    1) Can't see you finishing top 6, never mind top 2. Look bang average to me.
    2) Wycombe won't be bottom 4
    3) Portsmouth are not a big club. Small to Medium sized Championship club with a terrible ground.
    4) Over achieved because of massive over spending and subsequently went bust and were relegated to tier 4.
    Good luck but expect to see you next season.
    Regards
    The Postman

• Zing!

The Postman has certainly delivered there

• To be fair, south coast football is strong these days: Bournemouth, Brighton, Southampton, ....

• Football rivalries aside You have to admire all the work pompey do with the intellectually challenged. Thanks @norse for the reminder.

• @robin said:

@norse said:
    It is a great pleasure that I will never see Wycombe again with that steroids-built fat splodge up front who you hero-worship, the dark arts and cheating of your team and your obnoxious, cowardly wannabe fans.

About time that teams like yours were resigned to the trash-heap of history, where you belong you pikey scum.

My god you are a clown. "Pikey scum" i think you mean Southend not a team from Buckinghamshire.

OH ! No need for that.

• @norse said:
    And the whole Jimmy Saville protection by you and your team was bang out of order.

Tell us more about this Norse.

• What exactly is a Jimmy Savile protection?

• @norse said:
    "...your cowardly wannabe fans."
    That's rich coming from a Portsmouth fan. I once got cornered by about thirty of those 6:57 pricks and none of them had the bottle to fight me one-on-one. Norse, you are a complete and utter nonce.

• I'm also not sure what a cowardly wannabe fan is. If you want to be a fan you can be...and there s nothing to be scared of.

• @Wendoverman said:
    What exactly is a Jimmy Savile protection?

A shell suit?

• That dive from Bloomfield at the 3min15 mark

Embarrassing stuff

• Hats off to Joe Jacobson for taking that spot-kick and with such aplomb too.

• He certainly pulled out a plum.
    @LDF : norse the nonce. I like that.

• Just realised I’m a day late but that last comment was addressed to @glasshalfempty.