Skip to content

Happy Birthday...

Comments

• Many thanks for that @Baldric.

• Just had a look and it appears to be .8 of a mile away! Bit of a trudge for this old guy. I’ll probably settle for some fast food and a cuppa.

• Happy birthday @micra you've been like a father figure to me, when i was at my lowest point on here it was you that guided me with wit and humour..... many happy returns

• That’s good to hear and very kind @bigred87. Much appreciated.

• Happy birthday miccra hope you're day are very good we was all hopeing their would be lot's of cakes; defanately won to remeber!!!

• Happy birthday micra hope you have a great day.

• Thanks @BSE.
    @peterparrotface : I ate all the cakes. They was orlrite but I got fed up of em after a wile. Weir on us way to the seeside now wiv lots of reelly Old peeple.

• But the real Joe the Drummer is. Very surprised when I complimented him on his post yesterday on the Gasroom! Nothing like a bit of mystery on a long(ish) coach journey.

• There's your birthday goal @micra now let's get the birthday win! Perhaps at this stage its all about holding on!

• Hi @micra and Many Happy Returns! It's been a pleasure to read you on the Gasroom and also to meet you. We're down in Portugal at the moment listening to the game on iFollow, shame we couldn't get a live screening but hey we seem to be playing well which must be a good birthday gift to you. All the best.

• Good shout out from Phil on iFollow too, @micra!

• Happy birthday @micra. Here’s to 80 more years.

• Happy birthday, from one grammar pedant to another.

• A belated Happy Birthday to you @micra !

• A really belated happy birthday

• ... and an even belateder one...

• A premature happy 81st birthday from me...

• I’ve been flattered and chuffed to bits with all the messages. A sincere thank-you to one and all. Big lunch tomorrow for 24 family and friends and then it’s back to normal except perhaps the possibility of Wycombe succeeding on Tuesday where QPR failed today. COYB.

• edited September 2018

COYB!

• Happy Birthday @micra! May a home win against Norwich be your present

• That would complete a magnificent few days of celebration @LX1. Thanks for the greeting.

• @micra as a fellow supporter in the woodlands.... do you know who the lady is who every 5-10minutes shouts in a voice that resembles a cigar smoker "come on Wycombe"...... been trying to put a face to them velvet tones for years......

• does that lady still go that shouts "talk to each other"?

• @eric_plant said:
    does that lady still go that shouts "talk to each other"?

@bigred87 said:
    @micra as a fellow supporter in the woodlands.... do you know who the lady is who every 5-10minutes shouts in a voice that resembles a cigar smoker "come on Wycombe"...... been trying to put a face to them velvet tones for years......

What about the rotund, middle aged bloke who used to sit in the family stand in the early 2000s near the halfway line, with his catchphrase SCHOOLBOY STUFF WYCOMBE repeated ad nauseam?

• Can’t say I’ve heard that one @bigred87.
    The shout I hear most, from a fairly well rounded bloke to my left in the front row, block Q is “shut up, sit down” when the away fans get aggrieved about anything.
    Not a chant. He usually goes solo.

• @bigred87 I have heard that cry...can send a shiver down your spine sometimes.

• "ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Aaaah ... I miss the old days.

• If we're referencing randoms from the Woodland, can I put a shout out for the little middle aged guy in block R? who looks (in the most respectful way) a little like a mole, who quite hilariously screams out

OUR BALL

every so often, usually when it's exceptionally obvious it is indeed our ball.

• @Malone There was a particularly loud example of that on Tuesday.