Skip to content

Latest Trust Development - Is it a done deal?

REVEALED: Wanderers Trust gives green light for takeover talks as 'millionaire consortium looks to buy 75 per cent stake in club'

• according to Bucks Free Press.

Comments

• Isn't this just a report of what happened on Wednesday?

• is that a millionaire called Consortium? Or a bunch of millionaires?

• It's not a development, it's bad coverage

• http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/sport/16861238.revealed-wanderers-trust-gives-green-light-for-takeover-talks-as-millionaire-consortium-looks-to-buy-75-per-cent-stake-in-club/

The biggest insult is that when trying to read the article a video of Wasps rugby team autoplayed on screen!

IMO this really is a load of selective, biased tosh. The shift to being owned by a majority shareholder is "seen as a 'positive' step by some members". Yes, it is, but there is no mention that it is not seen in that light by others.

Also intrigued about the quote from an anonymous "member of the Trust" who described the prospect of selling a 75% stake "was a very 'positive' move for the club." Do they mean a member of the Trust board? Do they mean a legacy member? Do they mean an ordinary member? Was it the writer of the report, Nick Tunney, who may be a member himself, or one of his BFP colleagues?

• ..and the bit about putting Wanderers "on an equal footing with many of the bigger clubs in League One" is utterly laughable.

• I will also add that this kind of premature, "The Trust have agreed to sell Wycombe, isn't it great," publicity really puts my back up and won't help to convince me that I should vote for change, when that vote does inevitably take place.

• The BFP hasn't got ant better then. Wonder what the Donald would call this type of reporting.?

• I suppose when the big question WHY is asked about any potential investor the same should be asked here...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45523478

I like Dagenham and have fond memories of them in their non-league days especially that evening in Redbridge. But WHY the hell would a US investor want to get involved in them?

• Completely ignore the BFP

• basically if we don't then we have no club beyond this season, it will happen.

• @rmjlondon said:
    basically if we don't then we have no club beyond this season, it will happen.

Your employment history will go down the toilet with it then?

• @rmjlondon said:

About as accurate as the emergency goalkeeper and young lad from Merseyside. Cretin.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@rmjlondon said:

Your employment history will go down the toilet with it then?

Tescos are advertising for shelf fillers so Richie should be ok.

• the club have made it clear and it will get voted through somehow.

• I knew richie would be able to sum it up in one sentence. I feel more confident now that nothing will get through.

• Somehow, I think Richie means it will be passed by hook or by crook, By guess and by God or fair means or foul. Not the best way to run a football club

• the show of hands and the bfp article means the trust board will take that as members agreement to sell a minority stake without a vote from the members.will they tell us inder which scenario the current management will keep their positions?

• You love jumping to conclusions don’t you? What evidence do you have to support your statements?

• the club have made it clear, and even forced this position with the transfer fee for Jason McCarthy.

• @rmjlondon said:
    the club have made it clear, and even forced this position with the transfer fee for Jason McCarthy.

Nothing provides clarity as much as an undisclosed fee.

• it could even be that all we "paid" was to maintain his salary, which though normally out of our reach, may be the price for not getting relegated?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    it could even be that all we "paid" was to maintain his salary, which though normally out of our reach, may be the price for not getting relegated?

Interesting idea, I've wondered the same, and if that's the case you can see why Barnsley might have insisted on the terms of the deal not being disclosed! Also, we've given him security of employment for a longer period than he had there, so it's not even guaranteed he'd want to maintain his salary.

• I believe Jason McCarthy's originally from the Southampton area, so is closer to his roots at Wycombe than he was at Barnsley, which could also be a factor to weigh against any reduction in salary.

• Poor old richie, the chance of losing the club he loves must hurt more than most.

• May I remind all Gasroom posters to submit their feedback to last week's meeting and presentation by email to [email protected] or [email protected] within the next few days as the Trust Board will be reviewing that feedback next week.
    Not all Trust Directors have the time to follow every post on the Gasroom.

• A few people have mentioned that they were unable to attend the meeting or listen in to the live stream. Please remember that Trust Members may obtain copies of the presentation slides by email request to [email protected]