Skip to content

Alternatives 2 - Poll

it appears that the "alternatives thread" hasn't come up with much to address the financial hole.

That still leaves options. Obviously huge amount yet unknown, eg who the prospective new investor is, but the beginnings of the option are clear. And options there clearly are.

May I ask which option people are currently leaning towards

1) I believe sadly that continued league football status is unsustainable with the current structure. I am leaning therefore towards accepting outside ownership.
2) I believe we should live within our means. I understand that probably means slipping down the leagues to around Conference south level. I would rather do this than accept outside investment.
3) I believe that we should live within our means and not accept outside investment but believe that a way will nonetheless be found to sustain league football status.

Comments

• Jesus wept

• Or i want all the evidence, before i make my mind up...

• LX1LX1
    edited September 2018

Did you attend the meeting dev?

• Or watch it?

• Is Dev even a trust member?

• I believe for every drop of rain that falls...

• Rather sad to return to discover that what was intended as a genuine attempt to gauge early opinion on this forum has instead gone down what is becoming an all to familiar route.

Who knows why anyone would care but for those who do, no I didn't attend the meeting (too far away), no I didn't watch it (stupidly double booked myself, I would have liked too), yes I am a trust member. I can give you inside leg measurement if you want. None of which seems remotely relevant to whether WWFC should change its ownership model.

• LX1LX1
    edited September 2018

I've been trapped

• No apologies for swearing. Fuck off

• Christ this thread!

• You are truly amazing DevC, you don’t attend the meeting or the livestream as you are not a member but you try and impose your views on everyone else. Unbelievable. Just give it a rest and you will have to wait and see what happens when and if the members are asked to vote on the proposals that are yet to be understood.

• This must have gone to the top of the charts of the "most pointless threads" of all time.

• Are you sure? Shall we have a poll? @mooneyman

• Dev
    All opiniions welcomed but cant you see that you have made these options up. Its all a pointless ecercise at this stage. Let it be and lets see how things develop.

• Pre season there was a suggestion that Dev be limited to one thread, where all who appreciate his "style" of posting could congregate, rather than sullying thread upon thread.

Would this be a decent idea to reprise?

• There wouldn't be enough capacity in one thread!

• I’m almost hoping that we lose tomorrow* and have Richie and Trevor bleating on. It will be almost therapeutic after all this.

*i really really dont

• If this isn't a cry for help by the thread instigator I don't know what is. The need to dictate the agenda is a bad sign