Skip to content

Fan's council tomorrow: Top 5 Gasroom topics

What can fans living locally do to assist?
What can wandering fans do to help the effort?
What plans are in place to improve the catering at Adams Park on matchdays?
What are the priorities for the council to communicate to the club/trust this month?
Is there a volunteer pool of willing hands who can be called upon to assist on matchdays whilst still being able to watch the match?
What are your top five?

Poll not found

Comments

• What engagement! Where are the “we should be told” brigade?

• Key topics.
      Allowing smokers to reenter the Vere on match days. Some type of pass system would work.
      Restarting the Vere membership or £3 on the door.

• I see there is another one soon but can't find what happened in the last one.

• Some sort of entry for the vere suite needs to be thought of if attendances remain good throughout the season, so much lost revenue otherwise.

• thanks for that, I hadn't read that before

Just to clarify on the kit - the team was wearing quarters wherever there wasn't a clash but the fans council is recommending that they don't just limit wearing the change kit to when there is a clash in order to increase exposure/sales?

that's the recommendation of the fans council?

• @eric_plant said:
      thanks for that, I hadn't read that before

Just to clarify on the kit - the team was wearing quarters wherever there wasn't a clash but the fans council is recommending that they don't just limit wearing the change kit to when there is a clash in order to increase exposure/sales?

that's the recommendation of the fans council?

I read that as Mike Davies (and the commercial management) recommending it to both boards.

• Great shame IMHO.

Always necessary to balance revenue generation opportunities against damaging the essence of the club. Hard to see many if any extra change shirts, so additional revenue apparently very low, intangible cost quite high. Wrong move I think.

• Wonder what they've based it on?

• MD advised that last season the change strip was worn as according to the Club Charter
      – i.e. only worn on those occasions when there was a clash. It is being recommend to the Club/Trust
      boards that the wearing of the change strip need not be limited to those occasions where there is a
      clash and could be worn for an increased number of games to give it more exposure and increase sales.

Doesn't read that way to me. And if it was a recommendation by Mike Davies, what did the Fans' Council have to say. Nothing apparently.

• Utilita probably want more bang for their buck. Given we're apparently not raking it in from Cherry Red - I think the common consensus now is that Marlow actually does know what he's talking about - the last thing we need is to lose another shirt sponsor whenever their contract is up. If that means playing a few more times in orange or white I'll live with it.

• @aloysius said:
      I think the common consensus now is that Marlow actually does know what he's talking about

The fact the club have identified the food and beverage provision as an issue and addressed it (we’ll see how successfully) seems to indicate the opposite.

• @aloysius said:
      Utilita probably want more bang for their buck. Given we're apparently not raking it in from Cherry Red - I think the common consensus now is that Marlow actually does know what he's talking about - the last thing we need is to lose another shirt sponsor whenever their contract is up. If that means playing a few more times in orange or white I'll live with it.

Marlowchair has been very quiet of late!

• Marlow is clearly pretty connected, while probably not being on the trust board/directorship what have you, being close pals with someone on there.

Sometimes in life you think it'd be great to know the real truth with things, but in reality, you'd probably find as he does, that people either don't believe you, or you can't be as open as you'd like - both super frustrating things!

• Marlow should change his/her username to Cassandra.

• Bang on Malone.

The August meeting is more of exactly the same issues and same lip service without any tangible action or improvement on the issues raised.

Sadly I’m losing the passion to debate and argue to try and better our club.

If paid management can hear the same complaints and feedback from the supporters council at meetings regularly each month all of last season and season before,and not have the respect or ability to act and improve things like the kiosk food and bar offering,I’m asking myself why we as trust members,ST holders and supporters should put ourselves out there for criticism by bothering to raise issues.

Now at August meeting MD questions were the council even fits into the scheme of things despite it being in place for well over 2 years. Little wonder our concerns are not listened to.

It’s really sad actually i’m close to done.

• "and not have the respect or ability to act and improve things like the kiosk food and bar offering,I’m asking myself why we as"

If only they could announce something on these lines ?

• @aloysius said:
      Utilita probably want more bang for their buck. Given we're apparently not raking it in from Cherry Red - I think the common consensus now is that Marlow actually does know what he's talking about -

I thought the guy from Cherry Red came on defending his company and shot down most of his murmers about mates rates etc.

The shirt issue was always going to happen when they split sponsors, unless they had 2 sets of home kit with different sponsors which probably isn't practical

• 2 years later and the response is “we are not able to fix it,give half the profit to someone who can”

Sorry Strongestteam but this just depresses me more i’m Afraid

• It’s the answer a lot of competent organisations reach.

• @marlowchair said:
      2 years later and the response is “we are not able to fix it,give half the profit to someone who can”

Sorry Strongestteam but this just depresses me more i’m Afraid

I had given up on any progress at all as it had always been marked up as "we are listening and improving" without any real evidence of this. More recently the health and safety issues were more worrying, happy to give the new guys a chance.