Skip to content

Maka must be first choice goalie.

Maka is so much better than your current number one.
Commands his box, great kicker , incredible shot stopper - Your manager must be blind.

Comments

• We're on to you Yves.

• Laugh all you want.. He’s your best goalie and will save you loads of points this season if played.

• @Peter said:
    Maka is so much better than your current number one.
    Commands his box, great kicker , incredible shot stopper - Your manager must be blind.

Picked a ring yet?

• Allsop didn’t look too clever at the weekend?
    Maybe your happy with mediocracy?
    I’m serious - You’ve got the most agile best shot stopper on your books and you’re losing points by not playing him!

• Here we go. You people with your rose-tinted glasses. Happy with being crap. I know things so don't laugh at me.

• @Peter said:

Maybe your happy with mediocracy?

>

Is "mediocracy" actually a word? If not, it definitely should be. I feel that is certainly - football aside - the world we are living in now.

• Mediocrity ?

• Mediocracy is definitely a word. Whether its use extends beyond our Peter, I am not sure (but I’ll send Susie Dent an email on the subject). I think it’s lovely and I agree with @Wig_and_Pen that it is “well” worthy of wider use. I like Peter. He pops up rarely on here and, so far as I can recall, this is the first sighting of the summer. Not before time in my opinion (and I say that without a hint of humility). As always, I’m open to contradiction.

“Maka” rather threw me and it was a few seconds (well minutes to be honest) before I realised to whom Peter was referring. Allsop and McCarthy being two of our most recent signings, I thought briefly that Peter might be surpassing even my own outrageous flight of fancy (in suggesting that McCarthy might become the new Peter Murphy) and was suggesting he should play in goal in order to give a few of our other central defenders some game time.

• McCarthy in goal makes as much sense as Harriman in attack, which has been suggested elsewhere !

• 'Your manager must be blind'..I'm not sure what @Peter is actually doing on here. Unless he's one of richie's alter-egos.

• Peter ,you keep saying "you " and "your" Do I take it you dont support the mighty Chairboys .? in which case why do you care who we play in goal or about anything to do with our team/ club?

• My thoughts exactly @Mr67 .

• He's Maka's Agent.

• Mediocracy is when things things are medicore, but at least evenone gets to vote on it.

Jason McCarthy went in goal towards the end of our home defeat to Morecambe in the 15/16 season after Matt Ingram was sent off. Perhaps @Peter saw something that day.

• Everyone knows Yves goes by Kala, or even Mbay-boy, but never Maka.

• BSEBSE
    edited August 2018

i'm inclined to agree with @Wendoverman seems very richie-esk.

• Oh how I wish we were living in a mediocracy. Is upshitcreekwithoutapaddleorcaptainocracy a word?

• Not me I think he is hopeless

• Of course you do.

• When you refer to ‘you’ I assume that you’re not a Wycombe fan so why the interest?

• Never trust someone who uses the word 'goalie.'

• did u watch the northampton game, Im not sure he held one ball 1st time yes he made a great penalty save but that doesn't make a good keeper.

• Never trust someone who uses the word 'goalie.'

• did u watch the northampton game, Im not sure he held one ball 1st time yes he made a great penalty save but that doesn't make a good keeper.

• Wasn't Maka bass guitar with the Fab Four?

• @rmjlondon said:
    Not me I think he is hopeless

I’m very concerned about the ambiguity of that comment, Richie.

• I think Richie is doing a Kevin Nolan @micra

• Well it’s a choice of “Maka”, Peter or (and I hadn’t thought of the Nolan syndrome) Richie himself. Can’t say I’m too fussed!
    I’m exhausted reading dozens of posts this morning with a growing feeling of déjà vu and wishing my short term memory was even worse.

• Yves would have cut out the two corner crosses Rovers scored from, but I’m not sure he would have stopped a couple of other chances that Rocky did well to save. It is a close call but Gaz and the diminutive keeper coach know who to pick for each game determined by training and opposition tactics.