Skip to content

Plymouth Argyle (a) (League One) 2018 / 19 - Match 4 - Attendance Predictions

edited August 2018 in Football

Only a short space of time to predict for this one:

I say 7500 with a stalwart away following of 135.

I think the pilgrims will be confident of a win. I predicted a 1 - 1 draw on @DevC thread and I see no particular reason to change my mind.

There is a rollover prize of a Doncaster programme and a Plymouth programme to the closest predictor - so long as they don't sell out before I get there.

Comments

• 7804 for me. 231 tempted down south by the prospect of cider, pasty and a glimpse of the sea.

• 7313 with 120 Chairboys.

• 7286 with 107 in the Wycombe end and around 45 others stuck on the M5 and making it just in time to watch Harriman’s consolation 85th minute goal (but too late to count in the official attendance)

• 6980 with only 100 away fans

• 7200 including 150 from Wycombe.
    2 - 0 to Plymouth.
    I will be pleased to be wrong

• 6850 with 165 away

• 7005 with 149 Travelling Support

134 away

• 6999, 201 Chairboys

• 7777 including 124 Wycombe

• 7429 with 131 from Wycombe.

• 7,658 with 183 Chairboys watching a 1-1 draw.

• Interesting that it’s being shown on iFollow in the uk for a tenner according to the club’s twitter account.

Wonder how many will watch it on that?

• 7826 (169 away)

• @TheatreOfChairs, may consider it. I presume it's reliable, and will be a decent watch, rather than some of the one camera pre season friendlies we've had recently.

I suppose as long as you don't go in thinking it'll be like a proper televised game with commentary, multi angles and replays it can work?
    Ten quid seems fairly expensive though? Or maybe i'm an absolute tightwad (ok, no maybe about it)

• At the risk of hijacking Railway's thread, I have very mixed views on this. I can see the benefit of streaming matches especially for those held far away or for those of us who live a long way from the club. I suspect for now the quality will not be great and a single camera but no doubt over time that will improve. But in honesty lower level football on the TV largely shows up just how shit it is. Surely you need the atmosphere to make it worth watching at all and take away the atmosphere by encouraging away fans to stay at home watching on screen and typing live updates on social media and I am not certain there is much worth watching left. I daresay this will be the future. As with so many things, I am not convinced that progress is a good thing here though.

• 7654, inc 123 Chairpersons

• 7549 (201 from Wycombe)

• 7541 with 112 chairboys.

• 7150 including 160 intrepids.

• Weather looking more promising now. Would I be allowed to change my forecast to 8023, still 231 chairhumans?

• Go on Dev. Give us a laugh.

• I think @Jonny_King could be a late entry!

• 6,843, 88 Chairfolk. 2-0 Argyle but
    don’t worry about a ting, cause every little tings gonna be all right

• @DevC said:
    At the risk of hijacking Railway's thread, I have very mixed views on this. I can see the benefit of streaming matches especially for those held far away or for those of us who live a long way from the club. I suspect for now the quality will not be great and a single camera but no doubt over time that will improve. But in honesty lower level football on the TV largely shows up just how shit it is. Surely you need the atmosphere to make it worth watching at all and take away the atmosphere by encouraging away fans to stay at home watching on screen and typing live updates on social media and I am not certain there is much worth watching left. I daresay this will be the future. As with so many things, I am not convinced that progress is a good thing here though.

The ifollow coverage is the same camera used for highlights but run as a live stream. I think it is pretty good.

• 6987 which includes 111 chairboys

• 7835 with 187 chairs full of quarters

• 7007 with 135 from Wycombe.