Skip to content

WHC Score prediction, Score Prediction, Prize Update, PLH and Brad

edited August 2018 in Football

Introduction
Oh dear, that's a disappointing saturday, poor result, dreadful home supporter crowd, supporters online at least already turning on their players and manager, it feels like a long hard winter ahead. I fear I too must kick the club when its down (see below).

Nobody foresaw a defeat to our chums down the road. At least the horses in the adjoining fields could breathe a sigh of relief. So little change in the table. So far our predicting has been pretty poor. Only 2 correct score predictions in three matches.

Table

Pos Team Season Week
1 Booker Tease 9 -3
2 DevC 7 -2
3 Forever blue 6 -2
4 Uncle T 3 -2
5 Twizz 1 -2
6 Micra 1 -2
7 Oxford Blue 1 -2
8 Shev 1 -2
9 Mooneyman 1 -1
10 Wig and Pen 0 -2
11 HolmerBlue 0 -2
12 Thicket blue 0 -2
13 York exile 0 -1
14 Onlooker -1 -2
15 Chris -1 -2
16 NorsQuarters -1 -2
17 Wendoverman -5 -1
18 ned Ludd -6 -2
19 Johnny King -6 -2
20 LX -6 -1
21 Manboobs -7 -2
22 Railway Steve -7 -2
23 Dr Congo -8 -2

Prize news

So I always thought it was 50-50 at best whether the club would cough up a prize. But.....

I have contacted the club three times by mail and not once had the basic courtesy of a reply. It would take 30 seconds or so to knock up a quick "thanks for your email. Good cause. We get loads of requests, cant meet them all, sorry unable to help" response. Disappointing but adequate. To not bother to reply at all is simply shockingly piss poor customer service. I would have expected much better.

so feck them. I am afraid there will be no prize beyond a certain smugness for the winner and a distinctly bad taste in the mouth left for this organiser. Sorry about that.

At least with Doc C and Chris help, I have got the table looking better.

Predictions

Predictions for Plymouth required from please

Wig and pen
(Oxford
Booker
Norsquarters
Johhny
York
Ned
Thicket
LX

Predictions taken for this game either in this thread or the Wk3 one.

Predictions for Bradford (a) here please.

Comments

• Bradford 0 - Wycombe 0

• edited August 2018

Its a 2-0 defeat from me. Brad 2 Wyc 0

• @DevC - I know their email system was down a couple of weeks ago, although it should obviously have been sorted by now.

• Wycombe 2 Argyle 0. We'll win one eventually.

• True Mooney

My first email was sent just as the server went down. Its possible if unlikely it got lost by the system.

As i was keen to drum up late members, my second email was sent just at the time the issue was resolved but at a time i suspect they would have had a huge backlog. Putting it on the "todo" list and then forgetting would be poor but forgivable.

The third email was sent a week ago. No response there too. That is simply piss poor.

Anyone who has worked in a consumer focused organisation will know that it is remarkably easy to turn off a loyal customer and potentially thousands of pounds of future revenue with one casual piece of incompetence or bad policy. Customers must never be made to feel unimportant or undervalued. Now no doubt some wit will be along to point out that as I live so far away. I am hardly an important customer to WWFC and of course they are right. That's not really the point though. I have to say i am quite surprised and this small incident is enough to change my impression from the club being well run to the club being shambolic. That may not be fair but it will take a long time, if ever, to recover that impression. I feel less well disposed towards the club as a result. That's the importance of good customer service.

And so ends the rant.

• Wycombe 0 Bradford 1. We’ll win one- just not this one.

• Well my optimism didn’t last long!

Back to negativity:

1-3 to Plymouth
    0-2 to Bradford

I think we’ll pull it around after the first 7 or 8 games and adjust a lot better as I’m confident we have the personnel and spirit to do okay this season (ok = 13th to 20th)

• Bradford 1-1 Wycombe

• I’m the Oxford of this game.

• Wycombe win

• Ha. @drcongo . I am the Wycombe of this game.

• Norse, I have interpreted your 2-1 wyc win prediction as being for the Plh game. If I have that wrong shout.

• Plymouth 1-1 Wycombe
    Bradford 2-1 Wycombe

• Bradford 1 -1 Wycombe not sure we have enough yet to win. Hope to be wrong.

• Bradford 3 Wycombe 1

• Bradford 1 Wycombe 2

• LX1LX1
    edited August 2018

Plymouth 1-1 Wycombe
    is The Waterfront pub any good?

• At the risk of diverting the thread, the Waterfront has had an "interesting history". Used to be a very rough den of drug taking and under age drinking. Closed down a few times and then just days after completing a multi million refurbishment, it was virtually destroyed by the winter storms a couple of years ago. Its fine now, great setting right by the waterfront (no surprise there) if a little characterless IMHO. Personally I prefer the bar/cafes a little up the hill along the Hoe - the beer itself is bottled but the views being a little higher while still right by the water are just stunning. My favourite along there is the Terrace - but that is personal choice obvs. Let me know how you get on down here - sadly summer appears to have largely gone now though.

• Thanks @DevC , Plymouth 1- Wycombe 1.

Bradford to follow later in the week.

• Bradford 1 Wycombe 0

• Bradford 1 Wycombe 1

• Bradford 1 Wycombe 1

• Bradford 1 Wycombe 1

• Bradford 1 Wycombe 1

• Plymouth 1-1 Wycombe
    Bradford 0-0 Wycombe

• Plymouth 1-1 Wycombe
    Bradford 0-0 Wycombe

• Plymouth 1-1 Wycombe