Skip to content

An idea for a "Tour de Season"

So an attendance predicting game that lasts all season. The revered accolade of 'Championship Level Predicting Person' will be awarded to the closest over the whole season. Only each persons best 10 attendance predictions will count, so you can have a bad week or miss weeks without being sidelined. The best being measured by the least distance from the actual attendance - so for example if the actual attendance is 5000, 5026 will score 26 and 4974 will also score 26.

It will work off the normal attendance predictions and people are entered automatically.
Cup runs permitting there could be up to 50 chances to predict but only your closest 10 will count.
Ten predictions all 100 away from the actual will give a score of 1000. Lowest score is the winner.
Small print - Altered predictions won't count. Bald man sings rule: no counting prediction closer than one hour before ko.

Good idea or not - it will definitely run it at better than 50%

Poll not found

Comments

• Go for it Railway. Seems good idea to me.
      You may want to "handicap" LDV games (diff times three?) as easier to get close or is that overcomplicating?

• edited August 2018

It sounds like a good idea, though also a lot of work putting it together!
      I would say that maybe the best 10 rule should be expanded to, say 25 if we really want it to be a test of gruelling attendance prediction. Also on the topic of handicaps, away game attendances are harder to predict, therefore a weighting in favour of those might make things interesting (if not even more over complicated).

EDIT - Note to self, proof read my tablet's useless autocomplete

• edited August 2018

How many hours are there in a day? I assume you are retired, an insomniac or on massive amounts of steriods @railwaysteve

• @railwaysteve prepares for a new match day

• I am the best at predicting, except many others were closer than me to the number. On any other day I would have been four or five away from the exact number. That's the thing about the likes of @Wendoverman and @DevC - you know they predict a certain way, and I just have to deal with that, and continue to predict the right way. Anyway, last week's defeat is behind me, and I go again.

• I am the best at predicting, except many others were closer than me to the number. On any other day I would have been four or five away from the exact number. That's the thing about the likes of @Wendoverman and @DevC - you know they predict a certain way, and I have to deal with that and continue to predict the right way. Last week's defeat is behind me, and I go again.