McCarthy
Gape
Saunders
Morris
Williams
Bayo
CMS

Comments

• Is that hotshot young scouser not coming now then Ritch?

Difficult to know which three of Harriman, McCarthy, El Abd and Stewart will start.

Otherwise injuries permitting, that could well be the team unless there are other loanees incoming this week.

• Additional loanees either next week or the following week, I would hazard.

On the strength of the second half performance against Northampton, I’d be surprised if Harriman, McCarthy and El-Abd don’t start. I know it was only Northampton Reserves but the aerial dominance and prodigiously powerful heading of Jason McCarthy plus the rapid and incisive attacking of Harriman make them favourites to start (in my book). Adam El-Abd is skipper and an excellent one at that.

I would start with Freeman, CMS and Williams up front, with Bayo (assuming a little fitter than hitherto this season) replacing CMS after he’s run himself into the ground. Thompson, Bloomfield, Bean, Stewart, Kashket and Ma-Kalambay the other six (wow!) on the bench.

• @rmjlondon I assume Mo Salah is going to be on the bench then?

• Surely having quality players that we can rest and swop for other quality players does not mean people have been 'dropped' or are out of favour.

• Indeed it doesn’t but let’s hope that Anthony Stewart, for example, wouldn’t take it that way. It makes sense in his case to reduce the risk of injury. He’s a very level-headed guy and, as someone who is recognised as being consistently impressive, I doubt whether he’d take umbrage. Exactly the same can probably be said about Jason McCarthy.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    @rmjlondon I assume Mo Salah is going to be on the bench then?

Not signing now as Gareth wouldn't guarantee him a starting place in the team.

• he won't leave bayo out or I would play freeman instead so no point saying it.

• Why have you said it now then?

• You mean “but you would play Freeman instead” I assume?

• I can’t see GA dropping Stewart and certainly not ‘resting’ Bayo, so Surely it will be:

Allsop

JJ
    El-Abd
    Stewart
    McCarthy

Gape
    Morris
    Saunders

CMS
    Bayo
    Williams

Subs: Yves, Sido, Bloomfield, Bean, Freeman, Harriman, Kashket.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • All three goals on Saturday came down our left side and JJ should have done better on two of them: for their second he could/should have got closer to the scorer, who was left totally unmarked in the box to receive the ball and put it past Allsop; for their third he left himself on the floor 40 yards out after jumping into and missing a tackle out on the wing. So, why not start Saturday with JJ on the bench and a defence of -

RB McCarthy
    LB Harriman
    CB El-Abd
    CB Stewart

• Here we go again! Why should resting a player who has had a fair number of injuries in recent times be described as “dropping” him? We have a busy, tough schedule and, because of the quality of the current squad, we have a rare opportunity to do a modest amount of “rotation”.

Bayo surely needs more than a week’s rest or do you think it’s more a question of lack of match fitness that makes him “90% fit” rather than injury?

• Judging by a few of his recent comments : 'El Abd will always play ahead of Stewart and so he should.' or 'Mc Carthy will play centre half instead of Stewart.' I think Stewart is richie's lastest sneer target. Although as an expert (richie) also predicted: 'I think you will find Jason will play in midfield.' So who knows? (Please report any instances of cyberbullying of other posters to the relevant authorities immediately.)

• Still think that Harriman will get dropped. McCarthy is his RB competition, and is undoubtedly better. Simple as that, no matter how good a player Harriman is.

• Freeman, CMS, Williams for me...with a hungry Bayo as sub!

• @fame_46 also agree. I've always thought he would be useful pushed up, there have been times when he was right-back when Sido was fit and on the bench and I thought he could have been better used further up...but I'm not a football manager

• Definitely right midfield, I agree @fame_46. With the wealth of central defenders we now have, it is easy to see Jason McCarthy in the Kyle Walker role for England alongside Anthony Stewart (or Darius Charles) and Adam El-Abd.

• we are also only allowed 6 subs in the league.

• Stewart doesn't look fit or focused so I think he will be sub at best.

• I doubt this very much, as the club are trying desperately to get Michael to sign a new deal as he is out of contract in the summer.

@WanderingDays said:
    Still think that Harriman will get dropped. McCarthy is his RB competition, and is undoubtedly better. Simple as that, no matter how good a player Harriman is.

• You need to have a quiet word with him Richie!

• if we play 4-4-2, then its possible Harri might play on the right on midfield, but if we play 4-3-3 he will play right back.

• @fame_46 I remember a Chairboys Player commentary from Marcus Bean a couple of seasons ago where he said Harriman was too willing to sacrifice his career development by being played out of position as right winger. Bean said he had advised Harriman to stick to his natural position at right back and get as good there as he could be. Advice that seems to have been followed ever since. I don't see him shifting onto the wing any time soon as I don't see Gareth utilising a 442 with wide wingers this season. But now there's real competition with McCarthy arriving we might perhaps see Harriman having to play in an advanced role to get a game. We shall see.

• Whether Tyson is fit or not, Fame, pretty sure we will not get away with 443.

• True Fame. The entire team is rubbish. We only got away with it last year because Lg2 refs didn't notice that Gaz was playing twelve players......