Skip to content

The Wanderer - Out tomorrow!

edited August 2018 in Football

It's a new season and The Wanderer has stepped up a level. How will we cope? Will we be able to compete? Was I right to keep faith with the same writers from last season, or have I simply failed to strengthen?

There's only one way to find out, pick up your copy of Issue 112 tomorrow and decide for yourself.

Get your copy from the WWISC stand on the left hand side of Hillbottom Road, just before the Adams Park gates in between the two Origin buildings. Free to WWISC members and just 150 of your British pennies for the rest of you, enjoy 60 pages of Wanderers wit and wisdom, including Letters to the Editor, Mythbusters, Match Reports, Fake News, One Hit Wonders and reviews and previews of the season just gone and one about to begin.

There are also some new features for the season, including Club Shop, Cult Heroes, Know your History and the announcement of the first ever winner of an exciting new award!

See you there!

Comments

• Can't wait until the postman delivers mine to me in Somerset.

• Just to let @Robin (and anyone else who has their copy posted out to them) know, I'm afraid your copies won't arrive until later next week, as our Co-Chair is away on holiday.

Sorry about that, but hopefully worth the slightly longer than usual wait.

No blurting out spoilers the rest of you!

• I'm loving the feature on how the Wanderers affected the birth of Russian constructivism and how that triggered an incredible series of events leading to the founding of dadaism right through to post-modernism.

• Left me cold, I’m afraid.

• Not keen on the Marlowchair Predicts page. I don't believe in all that stuff.

• The new Mystic Richie is an interesting feature.

• Hope not to see Bodger today!

• Thank you to everyone who stopped by to pick up a copy today. Hope you enjoyed it.

If you didn't get one today, there will be more on sale before the next home league game against Bristol Rovers.

• Another good read @jonny_king great fun.

• God I’m slow. Not out of the little carrier bag yet. The Wanderer I mean.

• Can I grab a copy at Doncaster or if not get a copy sent out please

• Hi Ryan. If you email [email protected] they should be able to sort you out if you're happy to cover the postage costs. Alternatively, I don't know who's running the WWISC coach to Doncaster and I can't go myself due to work, but someone may be happy to take a copy up for you.

If you're a fellow exile and want all four copies a season, then I can thoroughly recommend joining WWISC and arranging to have all four copies (which are free to members) posted out to you for a small charge. This is what I do and it makes life a lot easier when I can't get to a game.

Hope this helps. Any problems let me know.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Hi Ryan. If you email [email protected] they should be able to sort you out if you're happy to cover the postage costs. Alternatively, I don't know who's running the WWISC coach to Doncaster and I can't go myself due to work, but someone may be happy to take a copy up for you.

If you're a fellow exile and want all four copies a season, then I can thoroughly recommend joining WWISC and arranging to have all four copies (which are free to members) posted out to you for a small charge. This is what I do and it makes life a lot easier when I can't get to a game.

Hope this helps. Any problems let me know.

Thanks lad, I've sent an email.

• You really didn’t need to reproduce @Jonny_King’s post, Ryan. But glad you’re sorted.

• You really didn’t need to comment @micra. But glad you’re looking out for @ryan_w_kirkby

• If anyone going to the Doncaster game would like a copy of the new edition, WWISC Co-Chair Teresa Slevin will be taking a small batch up on the coach.

Head over to the Angel coach after the game and ask for Teresa. 150 pennies, 60 pages - perfect for the long drive home.

@ryan_w_kirkby

• @Jonny_King Re. "perfect for the long drive home."

I suggest you should add a disclaimer that, "The Wanderer publication should not be read whilst actively operating vehicles or machinery. WWISC accepts no liability for accidents and injuries that may occur as the result of persons attempting to read The Wanderer whilst driving."

• May cause drowsiness.

• edited August 2018

I look forward to a gripping episode of Night Cops.

'As the high speed chase intensifies through Princes Risborough PC Davies notices something..'

DAVIES: 'See that? He knows we're behind him and he's thrown his copy of The Wanderer out of the window...?'

• Reading the Wanderer while pregnant may harm your baby.