Skip to content

Wyc Homeless Connection Comp - score updates and Donny (a)

First week saw wisdom of the crowds. The most popular result selected by 10 of the 21 entrants duly cam in although only Uncle T got the right score. He therefore takes an early two point lead.

1 Uncle T 8
2 DevC 6
3 Wig and Pen 6
4 Forever blue 6
5 Micra 6
6 Booker Tease 6
7 Onlooker 6
8 Twizz 6
9 Oxford Blue 6
10 Shev 6
11 HolmerBlue -1
12 ned Ludd -1
13 Wendoverman -1
14 Mooneyman -1
15 Johnny King -1
16 Railway Steve -1
17 Chris -1
18 NorsQuarters -1
19 Thicket blue -1
20 Manboobs -2
21 York exile -2

If you have any queries with the scoring, do let me know.

ITS NOT TOO LATE TO ENTER. JUST ENTER YOUR PREDICTION BELOW AND (PLEASE) MAKE YOUR £10 DONATION TO WYC HOMELESS CONNECTION. see earlier thread for rules.

This week is Donny away. Feels like a tough one to me. I'm going for a 2-0 defeat.

Comments

• Doncaster 1 - Wycombe 0

• Doncaster 3 Wycombe 1.

• Donny 2 - Wycombe 1

• Donny 2 - Wycombe 2

• Donny 1 Wycombe 2, cheers!

• Doncaster 2 - Wycombe 1

• Doncaster 3 Wycombe 1

• Donny 2-0 Wycombe :(

• Donny 2 Blues 2. Cheers Dev.

• Bad day at the office. 3-0 Donny

• 1-1 (again)

• Donny 1-2 Wycombe

• 1 - 1 Wycombe to score early, fail to capitalise on the lead and defence to suffer late agony in extra time after manfully surviving 80 minutes of constant onslaught.

• Doncaster 1 - Wycombe 1

• Donny 2 Wycombe 0

Though obviously I really hope not !!

• Take it you mean added time @Wendoverman.
    Yes, I know.

• Optimistic 1-1

• edited August 2018

I was assuming a goal in the 15th minute 75 minutes under the cosh and five minutes added time @micra because that's the way I roll.

• 1-1 draw

(I didn't enter last week. Good idea)

• @micra I call them ones with flags linos as well...

• I find when I’m shouting abuse at them that it’s le mot juste. Assistant referee doesn’t really work.

• Doncaster 1 - Wycombe 2. We often give surprises.

• A thread duplication question - @drcongo feared this would happen and may well banish us to our own category - Away Day Pubs, Football, Non Football .... Mystic Megs.

Risking the wrath of the good doctor: a good handful of posters on the attendance prediction thread also post score predictions on that thread and I put them on the spreadsheets.

There are gasroomers who post on this thread and that thread - so @DevC (and anybody else) -would you be concerned if I put score predictions from this thread onto the spreadsheets on the attendance prediction thread. It would please me a little - l like to see how we think a game is going to go and the extent to which optimism about the crowd size is reflected in optimism about the score. There may be others who share this.

My current intention is to only do it for those who do post on both threads, otherwise would feel like fishing in someone else's home waters.

There is time for views before the serious business of Saturday.

• Go for it RS. No reason not to.

Only scores entered on this thread count in the charity score prediction thread.

Welcome by the way to Dr Congo and LX. Any other new entrants still welcome.

• But what happens if I post a different score prediction on each of the threads?
    Global meltdown will result ...

• Quick reminder to

Ned ludd
    Wig and pen
    Norsquarters
    Thicket blue

This weeks prediction outstanding.

Any remaining entrants more than welcome.

• I would like to revise my prediction, please, to a 2-2 draw.

• 1-1 for me.

• Noted micra.

• Thanks, Dev.