Skip to content

Official 'Panic about Wembley' thread

Post your worries here, rather than on several different threads!

Comments

• Dont worry about a thing becausr wycombe wanderers are going to wembley!

• I'm worried my alarms not going to go off and I'll sleep through the fist half...

who am I kidding I'm not going to be able to sleep on Saturday night!

• I have a recurring dream that Martin O'Neill has picked me for the play-off final against PNE, up front alongside Simon Garner.

Utterly amazed at my good fortune and certain no-one will believe my story, I set off into the corridors of Wembley in search of a programme seller to get written proof. I get hopelessly lost before finally I'm on the gantry of the old scoreboard just as the game is about to start. O'Neill is looking around for me, but fails to see me frantically waving from the gantry. He shrugs and John Reardon sticks up my number and I am replaced up front by Chuck Martini Moussadik of all people.

• @Sharkyray said:
    I'm worried my alarms not going to go off and I'll sleep through the fist half...

who am I kidding I'm not going to be able to sleep on Saturday night!

You will miss it if you think the game is on Sunday!!

• @Ross said:
    You will miss it if you think the game is on Sunday!!

That's what you think. I've heard from a one of @blueh_w's sources that Ticketmaster have got the game put back to next Thursday because their ticket printer has broken. To avoid crowded trains, the police are insisting on an 11.30am kick-off.

• Well if @blueh_w says that it must be true...

• Dilema:,Not sure which frock to wear to the party?

Should I wear the current club shirt, or should I wear the lucky shirt which I graced at our last two Wembley appearances, which I dug out of the loft tonight and unbelievably still fits.

• The current, keep the lucky shirt, some memories are for life, you may end up with two lucky shirts!

• Wear the lucky one!!!

• Panic over. The club have got the ticket sales extended to 5pm Friday.

• Yep On sale till Friday and 13,000 sold so far - still waiting for the postie to deliver mine though :(

• @Chairboy73 said:
    Panic over. The club have got the ticket sales extended to 5pm Friday.

There's still plenty of other things to panic about. What if they run out of pies? It's a teatime kick off. Will they let me in with my picnic hamper? etc etc

• Will I have overdone it on the pop beforehand and fall asleep in the cludgy like I did for Deep Purple at Hammersmith in the mid 80s....

• Just spoken to WWFC re lack of tickets arriving.Advised that Ticketmaster are sending out the majority today.If they do not arrive by Fri advise WWFC ticket office and pick up duplicates at Wembley East Ticket office

• I'm panicking about the journey home afterwards.

I live in east London, so it's going to be one jubilant chairboy and a bunch of pissed off Southend fans, or an even worse alternative...

• @Chairboy73 said:
    Panic over. The club have got the ticket sales extended to 5pm Friday.

Ticketmaster have tickets available in just 2 blocks, maybe they'll have the rest available tomorrow, either that or we've nearly sold out! Obviously it's better than nothing but still very poor from Ticketmaster.

• @Dan said:
    I'm panicking about the journey home afterwards.

I live in east London, so it's going to be one jubilant chairboy and a bunch of pissed off Southend fans, or an even worse alternative...

I'm in Stratford and I know of at least one Chairboy in Bethnal Green ;)

• edited May 2015

My son has been known to wear his colours with pride deep in West Ham territory!

• How many sold now?

• My tickets have turned up today. That's another panic over.

• my tickets arrived today, 2 more sleeps!

• I'm getting twitchy about tickets. Ordered Tuesday, not arrived today, only Friday left and the post arrives around 2.30. Only leaves 90 minutes to inform ticket master of non delivery. What if I can't get through!! What am I to Do!! Oh dear oh dear.

• Ordered Monday not arrived today.Ticketmaster were quick enough to debit my account though.Expect to be queuing for duplicates like many others on Saturday.

• Ordered mine Sunday , arrived yesterday seem to take about three days

• Talk sport have just reported that the weekend playoff games are in doubt.

• 'The Army said it was aware of football play-offs scheduled at Wembley Stadium this weekend, but was hoping to have dealt with the bomb before then.'

That doesn't sound entirely confident.

• I suppose it would give Matt Ingram more time to recover...

• Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler?