Skip to content

Comments

• What an interesting insight into the character and troubled background of one of our favourite pantomime villains.
    One fellow Gasroomer (forget who) said after our match against Morecambe last season that, if we signed Diving Danny Hilton he would stop coming to games but if we signed Kevin Ellison he’d try to get to every one. I can see why.

• I think that was me.

• So do I. I remember being impressed at the time. The guy just loves to engage the fans and didn’t he do or say something quite endearing after the match? Vaguely recall.

• Ellison is a tough competitor, and generally "Honest". He'll smash you, you'll smash him, and there's no sneakery. There will generally be a hand shake after.
    So much different to the Hilton character.

Obviously the hair pulling nonsense with Bean was a bit embarrassing!

• I have a fondness for Ellison, more so after this. As said he is nothing like the odious Hilton.

• I have been watching football for the best part of 40 years

I have 'never' despised a player even remotely as much as I do Danny Hylton. I would genuinely stop going if we ever signed him

• Have to agree Mr Plant, Everything wrong in football and the human race. Appears to be incorporated in Hyltons DNA.
    Pierre's nightclub bouncer, off the ball 'barge' on Hylton at Adams Park, was one the most pleasurable things I've witnessed.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Have to agree Mr Plant, Everything wrong in football and the human race. Appears to be incorporated in Hyltons DNA.
    Pierre's nightclub bouncer, off the ball 'barge' on Hylton at Adams Park, was one the most pleasurable things I've witnessed.

I can still "hear" that tackle now, 'twas a thing of beauty!