Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackpool

Comments

• OUT TODAY! Issue 112 of 'The Wanderer', available only from the WWISC stand on the left hand side of Hillbottom Road, between the two Origin buildings, just before you reach the ground. Free for WWISC members, £1.50 for everyone else. Come and say hi!

• In the sweltering temperatures today anything could happen at Adams Park. I'm sure everyone will be hoping for a Wycombe win but any result (other than a defeat) will represent a good start. Whilst it may take some time to acclimatise to the hot weather it's also going to take a while to acclimatise to League One. Better teams, better football and sharper finishing. A lot to look forward to! Prediction: draw.

• It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in how referees treat Bayo post world cup. I suspect that penalties may play a more significant part today and for the rest of the season than previously

• My thoughts exactly @railwaysteve.

• With the heat and advanced ages of most of our squad we may be in for walking football.

• Micra, as a 3-times-a-week walking footballer I can assure you that no matter how slow the pace is today it will still be 5 times faster than the newest version of the beautiful game!

• John Cornforth has never got the credit he deserves for bringing walking football to prominence.

• 28 degrees and bright sunshine being forecast.

Maybe not a day for old legs and the midfield press.

Will be interesting to see how we approach it.

• So, is Gape injured?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    So, is Gape injured?

Video with GA on Twitter confirms he got hurt in the Havant game.

I’m not sure why people are surprised we’ve only named five subs. Did they expect we’d sign half a dozen players over night.

2-0 Wycombe.

• Charlton only named 5 subs today against Sunderland!

• iFollow is showing a black screen. Either we are playing at midnight with no floodlights, or they have struck again...

• No sooner do I complain than it comes on...like magic!

• Paris is on fire today. He's all over the pitch. Good first half.

• A bit more clinical and we would have this one.

• It sounds like Bayo's dry spell from the end of last season has continued. Nonetheless, COYB!

• Blackpool are really coming into it now.

• 13 shots, 4 on target, 6 corners. This is one of the big differences as you move up the leagues - you need to maximise your chances.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    13 shots, 4 on target, 6 corners. This is one of the big differences as you move up the leagues - you need to maximise your chances.

Spot on! I will be gutted if we draw today, let alone lose.

• We’re looking well organised and efficient with the Ball definitely a league 1 performance.the finishing will come this is very positive today.

• We need better firepower upfront.

• @trevor Tyson? Kashket? Both really good options.

• Oh Harri you naughty boy.

• 13th place in the league. Happy with that.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    @trevor Tyson? Kashket? Both really good options.

tyson should be played more .

• I'm a little gutted we did not win - Blackpool looked like they had just met each other (which a lot of them pretty much have), while we looked like we know each other's game so well. Just not clinical enough, but it is nice to be off the mark with a point, and also have the confidence of knowing we are not going to lose every game 5-0 after all. It's also nice to look pretty strong at the back.

• @Shev said:
    I'm a little gutted we did not win - Blackpool looked like they had just met each other (which a lot of them pretty much have), while we looked like we know each other's game so well. Just not clinical enough, but it is nice to be off the mark with a point, and also have the confidence of knowing we are not going to lose every game 5-0 after all. It's also nice to look pretty strong at the back.

well i dont think we will get thrashed 5.0 often its only league one after all not the premeirship .

• Tough result for the insiders and Facebook loons, decent enough for the rest of us.

• Only promoted team not to lose today as well.

• I believe it was the only draw in the division, which is weird!