Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• I've trawled the net for evidence of this and I reckon it's hake news.

• Good to see the Gasroom back to its punning best. Must mean the new season is nearly here.

• Had a moment of tenchion there till I realised you were only codding and anyway we’ve still got Craig Mackerel Smith. Ok, I’ll get my coat.

• Grimsby had docks that were interesting, but even those are floundering.

• Bayo going would be sad to see - We'd be in trouble.

• Well lets hope that GA is not caught having a kip-per whilst good signings are available! A shocker I know.

• Grimsby need a target man that can find the net but I would be gutted to lose him, it would be off the scale. it's probably just click bait anyway as they are over quota on over sized strikers.

• Despite being one of the minnows, we all know Gaz is a dab hand at hooking and reeling in talent, he'll be casting around and trawling to secure a decent catch, but I suppose if Bayo goes we'll flounder and he might as well cash in his chips. Now be quiet and hand me some of them maggots...

• Not sure we have ever had a transfer between Wycombe and Grimsby. I've checked all the old records whether stored on Microfish or Silicon chip.

• As if Bayo would go down a division, and move to the north east when he's smothered in interests in the London area, as well as being our absolute key man.

• @Malone Agreed, no chance of this being true.

• He's just fishing for a story - there's no way eel go to that plaice. A complete red herring

• Luke shalt have a fishy on a little dishy when the boat comes in. No doubt he’ll be singing salmon chanted evening.

• I doubt he'd want to get battered every week too.

• Sorry to get on my high moral Perch, but I am not getting involved in these fish puns.

• @Jonny_King looks a clear winner with his six fish Cioppino.

• so we recruited darious on 21st june....6 weeks later and not kicked a ball.....signed a crocked player

• I think our record for recruitment and getting value money signings speaks for itself and AH GA & Dobbo should be forgiven if one or two take a little time or prove not up to it

• Adeyole the trialist striker was on instagram in a Cambridge kit earlier

• Disappointed to hear that, Dale.

• Im not he isnt better than what we have.

• For Gareth to be so open about potentially making 4 signings this week was an incredible change from his usual approach.
    He must be pretty confident.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Im not he isnt better than what we have.

At 22 it’s all about potential and it seemed to me like he has it in spades but, rightly so, GA and his staff are very careful to assess players in the round - eg how disciplined and determined they are, how well they fit in to the group etc. To simply write the guy off as you have because you think he is no better than we have (and you are doing so purely on the basis of a couple of pre-season appearances) seems rather short-sighted and narrow-minded. You have not had the opportunity to assess him as a person and, for all we know, there may have been doubts in that respect; equally, the lad may have had his own reservations - eg about length and value of any contract that may have been offered and perhaps a perception on his part about limited opportunities to play as a central striker (cf Dayle Southwell).

Having said all that, do we know, officially, that he has gone?

• He definitely couldn’t do what Bayo does !
    Who can? There was unanimity on here after his performances against West Ham and Brentford that he had looked impressive. I only saw the Brentford game but he looked quick, strong and skilful and scored a cracking goal from a narrow angle, disallowed for a very dubious offside decision. If he has declined an offer or been told “no thanks” it must have been a difficult decision as I understand he was still training with the squad on Thursday.

• Perhaps the loan deal with Randell scuppered his chances?

• Or perhaps the sale of O'Nien scuppered his chances, with funds becoming available that will allow an alternative signing to be made that could not be afforded previously.

We'll probably never really know. Time will tell which players do or don't get signed and we can all comment on here about why Adeloye is or is not among them and whether we think other signings are "better".

• I don't know why everyone's worried about the size of our squad, here's the latest squad update for the season on Sky Sports:

Goalkeeper
    Scott Brown
    Ryan Allsop
    Barry Richardson
    Yves Ma-Kalambay

Defender
    Joe Jacobson
    Anthony Stewart
    Adam El-Abd
    Nathan McGinley
    Michael Harriman
    Danny Rowe
    Will De Havilland
    Dan Scarr
    Darius Charles

Midfielder
    Sido Jombati
    Marcus Bean
    Matt Bloomfield
    Nick Freeman
    Randell Williams
    Scott Kashket
    Dominic Gape
    Curtis Thompson

Attacking Midfielder
    Sam Saunders

Striker
    Paris Cowan-Hall
    Adebayo Akinfenwa
    Nathan Tyson
    Jack Williams
    Craig Mackail-Smith
    Josh Umerah

Again, they haven't updated the player pictures for at least 3 years, I think the only player photo in a Wycombe top is Anthony Stewart and that's a Joma one from 2011!

Sky Sports Wycombe Wanderers Squad

• They've taken O'Nien out, though.

• scott brown barry richardson etc they havent updated this year then ?

• @niebieski and with Tony Horseman, aka the original Bodger, and Kieth Searle up front to knock in close to 100 goals between them in a season we're in for a glorious year