Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• @glasshalffull The suggestion was semi-serious insofar as, if a few additional players are not added, maybe even if they are, could our current squad stand up to being involved in those extra fixtures without detriment to their performance in league matches?

Given the size of the squad and the fact that, given the higher level of the opposition this season, whichever players feature in each league match are going to have perform consistently close to their best every time if we are to stay at this level, those extra games will present a real challenge to maintaining good league performances.

• Uncle T, I share your lack of enthusiasm for the FL Yrophy but we are a professional football club and so we’re obliged to enter the competition and treat it with respect.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub I definitely think CMS will end top scorer this season

• I hope so too @OxfordBlue he's a great player to watch!

• team photoes today...wonder if we get to see any new faces ...

• photatoes

• Just say noe

• edited July 2018

Trust Gaz to re-invest LONs wages wisely and promptly. Suspect team and fans could use a lift with one or two new faces. Anyone know how accurate www.transfermarkt.com is? Some interesting names still available on freebies. Seem to remember we were linked with Alfie Potter before he signed for Mansfield. Released in the summer, training with Swindon. Recall he bagged a hattrick back in Feb. Worth a punt?

• as long as we don;t see any new faeces

• @Wendoverman said:
    as long as we don;t see any new faeces

haha well done for pointing out my typo...what a tremendous person you are

• yes cos Alfie Potter plays in LON position doesn't he !! JOKER

• Well I was actually the third person @wwfc2015_ but of the three I admit i am pretty tremendous.

• I is always the first-person @Wendoverman, even when you’re Kevin Nolan. Not that you ever I are, I presume.

• You're absolutely right @ned_ludd. Wendoverman thanks you.

• wow...donacien has signed for Ipswich...who would of thought that when he was on loan at us!!

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    wow...donacien has signed for Ipswich...who would of thought that when he was on loan at us!!

See ‘ex player news’ thread, where’re I’m sure you intended to post this.

• Is this Tomi still training with the squad in the pictures published today? Good sign he'll be signed if he's still training with the squad?

• Yep, that’s yer man alright. Gonna be a sensation. Scored a cracking goal against
    Brentford from a very narrow angle but disallowed for a very questionable offside decision.

• Is Akinfenwe on his way to Grimsby Town that is the rumour up here.!!

• Dream on, Clive

• @Mendonca said:
    Is Akinfenwe on his way to Grimsby Town that is the rumour up here.!!

To be fair Bayo has said that he sees Grimsby as the future for his social media empire, isn’t that where the Grime genra originated?

• @Mendonca said:
    Is Akinfenwe on his way to Grimsby Town that is the rumour up here.!!

That smells fishy to me.

• Thank Cod he loves it at Wycombe.

• I hear Steve Guppy is his new agent.

• this is reel-y poor

• Well let's not be koi about this. We are the minnows of the division and may flounder this season. Sorry to carp on about it, but unless we make him skipper, Bayo may decide this is no longer the plaice to be.

• Grimsby isn't the place it used to be due to the North Sea being overfished. These days it has no sole.

• @Jonny_King That’s some turbot-charged punning!

• High street not what it used to be. These days all that is left are prawn shops.

• If Akinfenwa went to Grimsby, it would krill me.