Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• Facebook speculation is Marvin Sordell of Burton Albion. If true maybe he's figures if I'm playing League One I may as well be closer to home.

• Still has two years on his Burton contract (signed as a key player of a championship club).

• Does anyone know if he had a good season at Burton though?

Perhaps they are under pressure to release some players and reduce the wage budget having been relegated. They have small attendances for this level and I don’t think they rose up the leagues on big money (relatively speaking).

• @OxfordBlue Three goals in 43 appearances last season.

• Needless to say, Oxford, Burton can't release a player under contract without paying him off. Poss. available on loan (with burton paying much of his wages)?

• Not that I would like to question the FB gods, but why would we loan a 27 year old striker with a poor scoring record from another League One team? I would rather see a promising youngling from the Prem/Championship myself.

• Having said that....it certainly looks like him.

• @Wendoverman - I am sure it would not be Sordell, but if it was, I would be more than happy. You do realise Sordell was sold by Watford to Bolton in 2012 for £3m then played 25 Premier games for them. He has 14 Under-23 England caps. Still only 27.

I think I remember reading somewhere he has had personal/confidence problems over the last few years. If that is correct, he is actually the type of player that Gareth could resurrect. However we probably have enough strikers already unless there are still doubts about Kashket's long term fitness.

• Dev, I’m aware they can’t release him. But perhaps the two clubs are looking into an arrangement that suits all three parties? He moves on a free transfer to a preferred club closer to home, Burton free up wages and we don’t pay a fee.

• @mooneyman if you and GA are happy! I'm happy! Bring on Blackpool....!

• Who knows Oxford. It feels a little unlikely tbh but time will no doubt tell.

• holloway signs for shrews!

• I know recent history makes it seem highly improbable but, as Wycombe are with the big boys in League One now, maybe the budget will allow payment of transfer fees if there is a player who the Manager and Sporting Director deem worthy of the expense.

• Possibly. Maybe we are loaning him for a (lower) fee for the season?

• @Uncle_T said:
    I know recent history makes it seem highly improbable but, as Wycombe are with the big boys in League One now, maybe the budget will allow payment of transfer fees if there is a player who the Manager and Sporting Director deem worthy of the expense.

Now that’s a good one!

• junior morias signs for Northampton...some big signings in both league 1 and 2 so far

• Morias would struggle to even get on our bench.

• He looks to have slimmed down quite a bit. I recall Ainsworth suggesting a few years ago that he wasn't always the hardest worker in training and I wonder if dropping down into non league persuaded him to start applying himself a bit more.

• tbh we have a really strong squad. interesting to see who the trialists today are

• Probably the bigger wake up call for Morias was us turfing him out what must have been a few weeks after signing him on for another year!

• The trialist number 27 has been great in the first half today. Anyone know who he is?

• @perfidious_albion said:
    27 ‘trialist’ CB is very good - Charlie Fox, penned a pro contract at QPR in May, looks like a shoe in as a loan signing.
    24 LB is tiny weak and has no positional sense, looks out of his depth. Don’t think we’ll see him again, the search goes on for JJ’s understudy.

• Charlie Fox was great. 26 (right sided forward) has also looked good

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Charlie Fox was great. 26 (right sided forward) has also looked good

Toni Adeloye ex Hartlepool, been at 9 clubs only 22, can Gaz shape him? If so agreed looked v good on the ball plus fast and strong.

• Have to agree with the general consensus that Fox looked an excellent prospect, determined in the tackle, composed in possession and good positional sense.
    I was talking to someone from the QPR coaching staff who said that he’s also a very level headed young man.

• @glasshalffull said:
    Have to agree with the general consensus that Fox looked an excellent prospect, determined in the tackle, composed in possession and good positional sense.
    I was talking to someone from the QPR coaching staff who said that he’s also a very level headed young man.

Sounds the sort of player Gaz likes to have at the club.

• Tomi in fact. Don’t know if that’s pronounced “tow me” or Tommy. We’ll see. Possibly.

• stu beavon signs for Wrexham!

• imo apart from alsopp the signings we have made so far are not very inspirational ....lets up GA pulls a few out of the bag

• now losing to Maidstone....not a good pre season