Skip to content

Andrew Howard + Shirt Speculation

Comments

• Up to a point, I think if you take the thread as a whole, and disregard serial posters, the response to Aloysius is comments is different, but that's just an impression, not science, and you are bound to see your own efforts in a different light. When I suggested nobody had challenged the other views, I should perhaps have said nobody/ hardly anybody had seriously challenged the motives of the poster.

• TomTom
    edited June 2018

Thats a big swan

• So is there a possibility that this outline swan will also appear on the quartered kit?

• I can't decide if I love or hate that top.

• I imagine the swan will look somewhat fatter when that top is worn by the average supporter.

• That top is absolutely beautiful.

• The other interesting thing about the top is that it's got the Beechdean logo on it. Which either makes it out of date already or means Beechdean are still involved in some sort of shirt sponsorship deal.

• Looks like they've got the dark blue sorted which is good news

Have a home, traditional quartered kit (no frills) using those shades of blue and it will be very nice indeed

• It's the new Beachdean staff uniform!

• @eric_plant said:
    Looks like they've got the dark blue sorted which is good news

Have a FIRST CHOICE, traditional quartered kit (no frills) using those shades of blue and it will be very nice indeed

corrected [/EdmundMonsoon]

• @aloysius said:
    The other interesting thing about the top is that it's got the Beechdean logo on it. Which either makes it out of date already or means Beechdean are still involved in some sort of shirt sponsorship deal.

When the announcement about Beachdean not being the main sponsor came out it was said they would still sponsor training and travel kits.

"Beechdean will continue to sponsor the north stand at Adams Park and the club’s training and travel kit as their partnership with the club extends into its 10th year, having first come on board as executive box holders in 2009."

• That shirt is great, except for the Beechdean logo. Too much going on.

• Without Beechdean advertising the shirt is a stunner

• Thanks @niebieski, good spot.

• I think I can live with the ice cream. (I speak as an addict.). As it’s (presumably) a training top, I’m not sure how many people will see it and join me on the slippery slope anyway.

Certainly agree that the light and dark blue would look superb in the quarters format, with or without the swan.

• Based on the last couple of years, I don't think the colours of the training kit can be taken as any indication of the colours of the home match kit. Haven't the training kit and home match kit always had different shades of blue since O'Neills became kit provider?

• A reminder to come down on Saturday for what is shaping as a great day by all accounts hopefully with our quarter final live to watch after buying a new kit

• Are you involved in the running of the club @marlowchair?

The way you've "suggested" you have insider knowledge before, and the way you just worded that post makes me wonder.

• @Malone said:
    Are you involved in the running of the club @marlowchair?

The way you've "suggested" you have insider knowledge before, and the way you just worded that post makes me wonder.

I'm just trying to encourage support for a big day on saturday that's all.

• @Malone said:
    Are you involved in the running of the club @marlowchair?

Richie's best buddy!

• @marlowchair was spot on about the sponsor - the website has announced Cherry Red Records. I just hope they use the wordmark only, without the red background.

• Cherry Red confirmed as home shirt sponsor

• The less than satisfactory commercials around the kit sponsors was my issue. Encouraging the selling of as many shirts as possible and supporting a big day for the club doesn't make anything Odd.

• Worth saying again. If you've got to have a sponsor, this is not a bad choice.

• Such a seminal album, and XOYO by The Passage is a timeless pop classic.

• @Shev The italicised, bold font, bounded by a rectangular outline and appearing on a contrasting background, seems to be a more fundamental aspect of the Cherry Red Records logo than the colour of the background. The pages of the Cherry Red website feature the logo on both red background (top banner) and black background (bottom banner) and their new release bulletins frequently show the logo over a photographic background depicting a vinyl record being played.

A red background was used on the shorts last season but, without that, probably nobody would otherwise have noticed small, white text. If the front-of-shirt logo is big enough to stand out visibly when printed directly over the blue quarters, as the Beechdean logo now stands outs on the new training shirts, then perhaps a red background will not have been required. We'll find out on Saturday.

• Thanks @Uncle_T - that gives me some hope!

• @Shev Another thought: have you sent the AR team at Cherry Red a demo of "Wycombe Strong"? The MD is apparently a life-long Wycombe fan: who knows, he may even be a visitor to this forum and have already heard it.

• Sponsorship by a local independent record label is excellent.

• Hey @Uncle_T - that us a good idea, and I will look in to it, Thanks!

I did find out that the club had good feedback from the song getting played at the Stevenage game, and do plan to play it more this next season, which is great.