Skip to content

Ryan Allsop - new signing

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Good signing. Who would have predicted that back in April?

• Fantastic news - brilliant signing. Well done Gareth.
    Just need some news now on JJ.
    COYB

• Good signing, welcome back Ryan! Many people, including myself, assumed we'd go down the loan route but I wonder if this is a much harder sell to premier league clubs now baz has moved on and we have no coaching structure for the keepers. Perhaps this explains in part why we stuck with brown last season.

• Very happy with that great news.

• Sounds good to me ..?

• @Callmepauly said:
    Good signing, welcome back Ryan! Many people, including myself, assumed we'd go down the loan route but I wonder if this is a much harder sell to premier league clubs now baz has moved on and we have no coaching structure for the keepers. Perhaps this explains in part why we stuck with brown last season.

Interesting view on it. I guess some Premiership Clubs would still want to train the goalkeepers all week without a goalkeeper coach at our place. Excellent signing for us, could actually gain us some cash in the future too.

• Yes - totally agree , and he is only 26 years old. What a signing!

• Had to look up when we had him, 2016, and for 18 league games.
    My word my memory is bad, so i'm relying on all the positives above!

• I honestly cannot recall him ever playing for us! Have looked up the results on Chairboys on the net, so it is all true! Top news that we've got a keeper.

• 6’3”.

• Welcome Ryan. Another of my theories scuppered after a few days...

• Fantastic news, and we are getting vital business done early, with loanees and late signings still to come! Good job GA!

• This is such good news. But at this time of joy, please do spare a moment to think of others. Such as @trevor.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No doubt @trevor is searching his soul for a few nuggets of negativity.

• I wonder if Ryan and Luke will repeat their attempt a couple of years ago to gatecrash the 50+ Group at Handy Cross in the hope of annihilating one or two of us Oldies at table tennis?! Ryan did say he’d come back in 27 years’ time. Glad he’s not waited that long.

• I'm with @Malone and @prufrock_91 in that I can't ever remember watching Allsop play though I know full well that I did. Which probably suggests he did his job so adequately - without either idiosyncrasies or howlers - that I didn't need to register him especially. Which is all you can really ask for from a keeper. Having said that he'll probably start playing as a sweeper keeper with remarkable flourishes and the odd hair-raising moment and I'll spend the whole three seasons doubting my memory even more.

Anyway, we've got two very tall keepers now and a strong, experienced central defence. I wonder whether we'll return to the Wycombe we are used to this season - few goals conceded but not a huge amount scored either - and see last season's free-scoring, somewhat porous-defence as a slight aberration. Although that, of course, depends on who our left back is. Ten days before JJ's contract runs out and we will have to start speculating about what comes next there.

• Maybe Allsop has been brought in as cover on the bench and we’ll be signing a loanee as first choice keeper

• @Chris said:
    Maybe Allsop has been brought in as cover on the bench and we’ll be signing a loanee as first choice keeper

Hasn't GA already stated words to the effect that we now have 2 keepers on the books competing for the number 1 jersey?

• I just don’t see a costly experienced young ‘keeper being kept as cover! He’s our number one.

• I find I remember Goalkeepers for either long term consistent and good performances over a number of seasons or howlers - either short or long term.

I’ll probably even cast Jamal Blackman into the “oh yeah, he was with us for a season” within the next 5 years while Brain Parking will remain at the fore front of my mind as much as Hyde and Taylor are.

So yeah, i’m can’t say I remember any particular games
    He played for us last time, I too take this as a positive.

Welcome back - and excellent commitment by both club and player for going for a 3 year contract. Showing real purpose to secure key players in key positions for the long term. A good goalkeeper is an excellent base for the whole defence.

• Totally agree @TheDancingYak.

• New goalkeeper signing mix up, alas only PR.

• Anyone else notice the lack of Gareth Ainsworth in any of the photos or videos announcing the signings of Allsop and Charles? Suggests he's on his holidays and it's Andrew Howard who's doing the running on both of these. Great to see he's still heavily involved after our speculation earlier this summer that he might be easing himself out of the club.

• @Chris , lolz, you cheeky rapscallion :)

@aloysius, you're bang on. I remember someone like Heaton exceptionally well, and he surely played way less games. Allsop, not at al.

Strangely, on the website they had a comment of "Wycombe make 1st signing of the summer" on the Allsop page, and then right underneath started with "Wycombe make 2nd signing".

Just a silly little mistake, or are they putting a distinction in season between Charles and Allsop?!

• Love the “cheeky rapscallion” @Malone but not sure what a distinction in season is.

• Top business, I am confident that both will prove excellent acquisitions. 3 years for Allsop is a slight eyebrow-raiser, by no means a concern though.

• Two pretty decent signings of players who should be comfortable in league one?? Hardly any room for gasroom anger and despair so far. How long will the board let ainsworth ruin our once proud club? At least if J J signs now absent Richie can say his legs have gone.

• @micra as Charles was our first signing and they worded it that Allsop was our "first signing of the summer" i wondered if they were classing Charles as a "spring" signing.
    Hence making a "distinction" in season (of the year)