Skip to content

Northampton at home in the Carabao

The return of Pierre!

Comments

• On the plus side, if Northampton are still as abject as they were for most of last season we might actually get to the second round for a change.

• The physical battle between Pierre and the Beast should be interesting!

• Didn't Pierre have Bayo in his pocket when we played at Wimbledon a few seasons ago? Admittedly he had pretty effective assistance from Peter Murphy that day.

• If it's CMS, Tyson or PCH up front with Bayo...AP might have trouble even with the big man in his pocket.

• When was the last time we made the second round? 2011 when we beat Col U on penalties? It's certainly been a while.

• @aloysius said:
    Didn't Pierre have Bayo in his pocket when we played at Wimbledon a few seasons ago? Admittedly he had pretty effective assistance from Peter Murphy that day.

I recall a match at Adams Park a few years ago when Bayo was tightly shackled by AP but I’m not sure if it was against Wimbledon or Southend.

As a matter of interest, he played more games for Northampton (in two spells) than for any of the many other clubs he’s played for, scoring on average a goal every other game.

• It was Wimbledon, and as @aloysius says Peter Murphy was heavily involved. I think you might be confusing Kent and Essex - Bayo played for Gillingham, not Southend.

• @Chris : That’s not an easy mistake to make, especially by this Kentish Man!
    I can only put it down to the lateness of the hour.