Skip to content

transfer speculation....

Comments

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Sherrinford said:
    Marc Bola would be a great replacement for JJ if he decides to move on.

Especially if he rides a white swan into Adams Park.

But, does he like to boogie?

• @EwanHoosaami yes...on a Saturday night.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @EwanHoosaami yes...on a Saturday night.

Jitterbug boogie? Also does he drive a Jeep-ster?

• That HTIC Sport page (that seems to have had a vaguely reasonable accuracy rate with WW stories in the past) has said Luton, the PNL, Doncaster and Scunny are after O'Nien.

Doncaster are currently managerless, so not sure how that one would work. I think I may have read that the PNL were interested in Luke last season as well, but given how poorly both those teams finshed last season, you could argue that both would be something of a sideways move for him, albeit no doubt for a decent payrise.

Luton I expect to kick on in League One and would obviously suit him financially and geographically. Scunny would probably offer the most footballing appeal as a club that will likely be challenging for promotion next season.

I was rather hoping we might have offered LON a contract extension during the euphoria of our promotion. Perhaps we have and he's stalling? As it is, he only has one year left to run and whilst I obviously hope he stays, we don't want to make the same mistake we made with Pierre. Hopefully GA will be sitting down with him for a good chat to see which way the wind is blowing.

I hope he stays, but if he does go I just hope it's not to Luton and definitely not to Oxford!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Sherrinford said:
    Marc Bola would be a great replacement for JJ if he decides to move on.

Especially if he rides a white swan into Adams Park.

Or, wears a tall hat like they did in the old days.

• And a tattooed gown? As for LON going...unless it's big money I reckon he would fancy staying at AP in League One. What's the worst that could happen? He gets a move in January or in the summer...although he might want to stay with us for that first season in the Championship.

• An obvious flyer by an agent here hoping to increase the profile of his player. Nothing to see.

• Perhaps it's a result of every fan forum of every team thrashing about speculating about transfers in the absence of any information while the people whose wages they pay sun themselves by a pool.

• LON did post a professional compilation of his performances on Twitter a month or so back , which made me wonder at the time

• would love to see Anthony grant back at wycombe

• Anthony Paul Shaun Andrew Daure Grant?

• That same (I guess).

• This link from the EFL has Jacobson in the list of players under contract for 18/19, so a deal must have been agreed but just not announced yet.

However, CMS and Sido are still in the 'considering a contract' section, so maybe it's not 100% accurate.

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/june/efl-club-retained-and-released-lists/

• @Croider have we signed Dave Tarpey yet?

• @Croider It does state that the list is as at 18 May 2018. So was accurate at that time

• Can't believe someone asked "what's the worst that can happen" when talking about pro footballers.

• Did they @Malone ? Who, what and when?

• Scroll up half a page.
    We only have to ask Mr Tarpey what's the worst that can happen. Hopefully he's back fit soon and takes up where he left off.

• That was me @malone talking about speculation about luke staying or going nowt to do with injuries.

• Bloody hell no-one told me it was Facebook fight day. Advance notice in future please.

• Has anyone else come across this Twitter account tweeting utter rubbish? https://twitter.com/AnnounceItWyc?s=09 I'm sure it's pretty obvious from the tone of their tweets/lack of followers that they're absolutely not genuine, but I don't think it's helpful to those who might not realise that. Fake news etc.

They got very defensive when I challenged them on their supposed 'sources', which I probably enjoyed too much...

They seem to think JJ signed a new deal weeks ago, and that we've signed Allsop. Funny that...

• Is that where richie has been...?

• Just seems to be rehashing rumours from elsewhere and stating likely outcomes of unresolved situations (such as JJ signing a new deal) as some kind of special insider knowledge. People like to pretend to be in the know when it comes to transfer business, but I hardly think anyone of note at the club is leaking what are presumably fairly confidential matters to some teenager desperate for retweets. Just saying you have a 'source' doesn't prove anything. Mad Harry down the pub tells me we're signing a one-legged grey squirrel, he is my 'source', so it must be true.

• We DID sign him @Jonny_King he warmed up a couple of times, did a lap of honour and then signed for Guiseley or something...

• 3 year deal for JJ would be a pretty wild one to make up.

• Rumours we're set to sign goalkeeper Joe Lumley on loan from QPR.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Rumours we're set to sign goalkeeper Joe Lumley on loan from QPR.

That would be Absolutely Fabulous!

• @Jonny_King said:
    Rumours we're set to sign goalkeeper Joe Lumley on loan from QPR.

For the season?

• No idea mate, sorry. Just saw the rumour we were set to sign him on Twitter. Assume it's a loan.