Skip to content

Comments

• That's reasonably close to home for him, isn't it? Pleased for him.

• https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/port-vale-agree-deal-keeper-1564386#r3z-addoor

Having great fun telling the Vale lads at work we would have won the league with a keeper who could command his box

• I'm pleased for him. I wish him luck for the future.

If we get drawn against Vale in a cup we can expect Brownie to play brilliantly, command his box superbly, and keep a clean sheet!

• And I'm sure gasroomers will complain that we let an excellent promotion winning goalie leave...who would have had us promoted to tne championship by now if he had not left.

• If we get Port Vale in the cup I'd expect Bayo to park himself at the far post for 90 minutes and score about 8 goals

• he is a league 2 keeper we were never keeping him whatever happened so lets move on.

• Thanks for your input Richie I think we were all moving on. Have you moved on from your inability to praise the manager of the team you support.

• All the best to Scott Brown. Feels strange for it to be Vale after all the Cheltenham assumptions, but hopefully it means more money - and no yellow kit!

• What's this about him winning the 'Wycombe Supporters' Association' Player of the Year? I thought Bayo won both the OWWSA and WWISC awards this season.

• Brown won the OWWSA award; Akinfenwa won the WWISC award.

• Correction: I was mistaken in my above comment. Bayo did win both Player of the Year awards. Brown won something called the Away Day Player of the Year award, whatever that may be.

• Ideal move all around. He gets a move closer to home, the security of a 2 year deal, and coming in as the goalie of a promoted team.

We get to look for the better keeper we'll need.

• @Uncle_T said:
    Correction: I was mistaken in my above comment. Bayo did win both Player of the Year awards. Brown won something called the Away Day Player of the Year award, whatever that may be.

I believe the supports coach vote for their MOTM after each away game. The player who wins that the most then gets the overall POTS award.

• Spot on @BlueBoy. (Apart from the typo!!). You can knee me in the head again in August. To avoid unfortunate ambiguity, I should mention that you’re about 7’ tall and sit behind me.
    Have a good summer, mate.