Played Adams Park?

Comments

• What position?

• On the ceiling

• Tuesday night game under Sanchez?

• edited May 2018

How long was he there for....?

• edited May 2018

I was hoping for "All Night Long". Never mind.

Good linkage, @Tom

• Friday night game wasn't it?

surreal scenes

• Wasn’t Matt Allright (presenting watchdog that night) also rumoured to be a WWFC fan and st holder?

• Was a surreal night. Can't remember why we were playing on a Friday night. Pretty sure I saw Matt Allright a few times at home games in the past.

Got a ticket to see Lionel this summer. Always thought of him as a Wycombe fan after that night.

• Love doing this thread every summer. Best thing about getting promoted early

• edited May 2018

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Was a surreal night. Can't remember why we were playing on a Friday night.

I think England were playing that Saturday.

• Definitely a weird one.
    I think I was still at home watching it on tv, and by the time I was anywhere near the ground he'd long disappeared.

• It was a Friday evening Watchdog type programme. I was amazed (but not totally surprised) that the old guys on our table didn’t know who Richie was. Sadly, I think all but one have passed away in the meantime but those of us still clinging on realise that Matt persuaded him to start following the mighty Blues and the rest, as we know, is history. I assume he’s away on tour somewhere at present and is too busy to chip in with his disparaging comments about GA and telling ushow Luton are going to take League 1 by storm, God willing.

• Rumour has it, beyond his pleasingly bland adult orientated musical stylings he has the best football brain on here.

• Just Googled Matt Allwright to find out who he was and Wrongipedia says he's a Liverpool fan, although it's possible he came/comes to watch Wycombe if he lived/lives locally and wanted/wants some live foot-to-ball action. The comedian Matt Horne was photographed with his kids at the home game against Morecambe this season (think we did a ticket offer for that game?) Not sure if he'll be back, but our defending that day may have given him some material at least.

Given our location and the amount of meeja-types living in Bucks, it's slightly surprising that our celebrity fan menagerie consists of just Bill, Alan Parry, a guy who played Doctor Who in the 1920s and a bloke from Germany. What are Sandy Toksvig and Andrew Lloyd-Webber doing with their Saturday afternoons that's better than watching mediocre football?

• I almost walked into someone as I turned away from the bar holding three pints I looked up and there’s the lead singer of the Commadores

• Not to mention David Jason and Geoffrey Palmer they have their faces all over local charities...why not buy themselves a season ticket at early bird rates. (Palmer could even bring Dench!) I've seen Fern Britton ( a bit of daytime TV glamour), comedian Paul Foot (a bit weird) and that bloke who used to do voices on Stellar Street on the local trains as well. What are our Celebrity Fan Location and Retention Team up to I wonder? (I am assuming John Otway is a Ducks fan.)

• Sarah Gomme who is an ITV Meridian sports reporter is a very keen Chairgirl. Another famous Chairboy supporter is Eric Knowles of Bargain Hunt and such like programmes who lives locally and is often seen down AP.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Not to mention David Jason and Geoffrey Palmer they have their faces all over local charities...why not buy themselves a season ticket at early bird rates. (Palmer could even bring Dench!) I've seen Fern Britton ( a bit of daytime TV glamour), comedian Paul Foot (a bit weird) and that bloke who used to do voices on Stellar Street on the local trains as well. What are our Celebrity Fan Location and Retention Team up to I wonder? (I am assuming John Otway is a Ducks fan.)

Paul Foot is an Amersham boy. Went to Dr Challoners. Absolutely hilarious. They should get him to compere the end of season awards. Not sure half the people there would understand what was happening.

Doesn't the twat in the hat from Jamiroquai live nearby? Don't think I'd want him associated with the club, though.

• Geoffrey Palmer is too busy protesting against HS2 to waste his time watching football.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Just Googled Matt Allwright to find out who he was and Wrongipedia says he's a Liverpool fan, although it's possible he came/comes to watch Wycombe if he lived/lives locally and wanted/wants some live foot-to-ball action. The comedian Matt Horne was photographed with his kids at the home game against Morecambe this season (think we did a ticket offer for that game?) Not sure if he'll be back, but our defending that day may have given him some material at least.

Given our location and the amount of meeja-types living in Bucks, it's slightly surprising that our celebrity fan menagerie consists of just Bill, Alan Parry, a guy who played Doctor Who in the 1920s and a bloke from Germany. What are Sandy Toksvig and Andrew Lloyd-Webber doing with their Saturday afternoons that's better than watching mediocre football?

Presume you mean Alex Horne of Taskmaster famey? He lives locally in Chesham and has been down a few times this year.

• edited May 2018

Oh yes @MindlessDrugHoover Mr JK lives in Princes Risborough. I think funk, hats, cars and other more herbal pastimes possibly take up most of his attention. Saw him banging on the door of Blockbusters once years ago...he must have needed a video VERY badly.

• Paul Foot went to the RGS

• @eric_plant @MindlessDrugHoover I would like to think he had that same haircut whichever school he went to.

• Stuart Pearce lives in Kimble, not far from Sarah Harding in Risborough.

• @ChasHarps he might pop down if he gets the tin tack from the hammers. He still looks fit. Left back cover?

• @Croider Yep, that's him. Got him mixed up with the Gavin and Stacey fella - Alex Horne is much funnier!

@Wendoverman I would love to see Psycho in the blue quarters!

• @Johnny_King .do you work for The Sun?

• You take that back! Also, why do you ask? I've checked back through my posts and can see I have routinely used three syllable words and have never used the words 'phwoar' or 'stunner'.