Skip to content

Gaz to QPR

Comments

• Trev’s back!

• That little mob may have grabbed the headlines that day but in truth more fans stayed behind to applaud and encourage the players and manager than give abuse

• @drcongo said:
    Trev’s back!

But a shiny new Trev!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We still need to achieve the 5th year don't we? Being sustainable and staying up in league 1?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • If he does leave then my choice for next manager would be....

(Drum roll)

Steve Claridge.

Hands up who agrees with me?!

• It's not 50 50. Gaz is manager forever more.
    FOREVER
    AND EVER
    ALLELUJAH

• AND HE SHALL REIGN FOREVER AND EVER MORE

• FOREVER

• AND EVER

• ALLEGUJAH

• LX1LX1
    edited May 2018

Hr's not leaving

• LX1LX1
    edited May 2018

Bright eyes

• Maybe I’m bias but I think Ainsworth when you consider that:

He signs his own players
    Signs his own background staff
    Has more of a friendship than a tradinal manager-chairman relationship and
    Is an underdog which the fans appreciate

I wouldn’t go anywhere, particular a managers graveyard like QPR. I doubt very much he “needs” the extra money they would pay him.

• It's obviously ridiculous to think Garreth would leave now. (I dont think he will ever leave)

• @LX1 I'd love to go out drinking with you.

• I’m not convinced it’s just alcohol! But whatever - @LX1 brings joy to the world

• Here here!

• @Malone said:
    We still need to achieve the 5th year don't we? Being sustainable and staying up in league 1?

Do you think we will stay up will gareth be given a better wage budget to get afee better players in or will it still be cost cutting and a small squad?

• Where would a materially higher playing budget come from?

• Thinking of chipping in, Trevor?

• Or chipping nought on.

• @DevC said:
    Where would a materially higher playing budget come from?

So our wage budget will be the same as the last few years even thought we have gone up?

• If 10% of the “occasionals’ and first-timers on Saturday were to become regulars, that would bring in around £150,000 in ticket sales. Add in sales of food and drinks and you begin to see how the budget situation could improve.
    Another major boost to income of course is the fact that, potentially, there are about 10 clubs who will fill or come close to filling the away end. For each of those games, the additional income from ticket sales would be at least £35,000. Perhaps another £15,000 from sales of food and drink.
    Exciting, or what?

• Don’t rule out either the possibility that a substantial “impossible to refuse” offer might be made in January for one of our younger players.

• Yes, promotion is a disaster which everyone should see if they would take off their rose tinted glasses and become realistic. We only got third by getting more points than exeter which means nothing. You'll see.

• @micra said:
    If 10% of the “occasionals’ and first-timers on Saturday were to become regulars, that would bring in around £150,000 in ticket sales. Add in sales of food and drinks and you begin to see how the budget situation could improve.
    Another major boost to income of course is the fact that, potentially, there are about 10 clubs who will fill or come close to filling the away end. For each of those games, the additional income from ticket sales would be at least £35,000. Perhaps another £15,000 from sales of food and drink.
    Exciting, or what?

Fat chance most of them are there when we go up or in a semi final yet dissapear the rest of the time would be good if we could get an extra thousand fans turn up next season but i doubt we will.

• @trevor said:

Fascinating insight as per usual Trev. More negative bollocks the same time tomorrow?

• Generally true but you have to be positive and keep chipping away at increasing the attendance. Anything upward is good for the club.