Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• what a shame. Hope he gets back as quick as possible.

• Sorry to here that, I wish him the best of luck .

• Geez, eight months out. Those achilles injuries are buggers, aren't they. Very sorry for him and hope he's able to get fit again OK.

• Scott McGleish made his 1003rd appearance last week for Chesham. It was unusual by the fact that he played the whole game in goal as Chesham had no keeper available.

• Alex Revell scores a hat trick today.

• @Chris Really? Who for?

• Didn’t notice

• Never mind, I'll Google it later.

• Ha ha! Sign him on. He’s in the right age group and has unfinished business at AP.
    6’3” strikers of his calibre are few and far between at our level. On an 18 month contract at Stevenage awarded 3 months ago.

• Mike Williamson released by Oxford

• edited May 2018

now that'd be an interesting one...presuming he's in any way fit and motivated.

• John Paul-Pitman transfer listed following Torquay's relegation.

• He's had two goes with us and the last one was distinctly underwhelming.

• His performance when coming on at Oxford remains one of the most pathetic ive ever witnessed in a Wanderers shirt.

• He must have been injured that day surely?

It was difficult to watch

• Cyril Smith could have closed down players quicker that day (especially the younger ones).

• He injured himself immediately after coming on as sub.

• Both Jeffries and Morgan at Fleetwood must come close

• Quite the old boys gathering at Aldershot v Ebbsfleet tonight. Big Dave Winfield scored the equaliser for Fleet while Scott Rendell scored a penalty for Gary Waddock's Shots. Fleet won the shootout in sudden death.

• Marvin McCoy also scored a penalty for Ebbsfleet...

• Myles Weston also came on as sub for Ebbsfleet and Matt McClure started for Aldershot.

• @WestLondonWanderer said:
    Marvin McCoy also scored a penalty for Ebbsfleet...

He missed his, Scott Rendell scored. Aldershot missed 2 in a row to let Ebbsfleet back in & then win. The look on Waddock's face...

• Deciding a playoff game by penalties is one of the most bonkers and unfair things in football. They already have the tie breaker set up over a long season.

• Distribution Dave sent off for Ebbsfleet today

• Just seen Max K score a coolly taken pen for Hampton & Richmond at Chelmsford in the National League South playoff

• Bruno Andrade man of the match at Sutton. Injuries galore, including Angelo Balanta hamstring today, so Tranmere must be strong favourites at Wembley.. Talk about David and Goliath.

• I cant for the life of me ever imagine Boreham wood in the football league!

• It’d be like Holmer Green in the National League.

• 25 years ago the same could have been said about us, every team that gets promoted deserve their promotion no matter how small their club is as they have deserved their promotion by winning games. have we becombe football snobs that whinge when a small club gets promoted? Just remember that was us once.