Skip to content

Championship teams relegated

Sunderland, Barnsley and burton down

Comments

• Incredible escape for Bolton.

• Was hoping burton would survive so we would have another ex prem team to visit but fair play to Bolton amazing last min come back

• I thought the same thing but Bolton would be stronger competition than Burton, on paper at least.

• Burton gives me a relatively local game, at least; I think the only one less than an hour's drive from my home.

• Also disappointed not to have a Bolton trip on the cards!
    Never mind, Burton is closer I suppose.

• Coventry it is, another sell out in the away end I’m guessing so a little bit money to keep us going.

• As long as it’s not a midweek game. They only brought 701 to Adams Park in February. True it was the coldest evening ever.

• Would take them "Only" bringing 701 on super cold midweeker, than all manner of small league 2 teams bringing 1/4 of that in perfect condition Saturday afternoon games!

• I make that seven clubs we’ll be facing next season who have played in the Premier League: Coventry, Sunderland, Charlton, Blackpool, Bradford, Portsmouth and Barnsley. Great for increased attendances.

• It really is a tasty looking League One lineup next season, yet I still still fancy seeing us finish around 15th (starting the season with Gaz in charge permitting).

• @glasshalffull said:
    I make that seven clubs we’ll be facing next season who have played in the Premier League: Coventry, Sunderland, Charlton, Blackpool, Bradford, Portsmouth and Barnsley. Great for increased attendances.

Wimbledon at a stretch.

• You know full well @Malone that the “only” related to @OX66’s apparent assumption that Coventry would automatically sell out our away end.
    But you are quite right of course about the number of League 2 clubs who bring very few fans. Income from away fans next season will be substantially higher, with the increased numbers helping to create more atmosphere and, in turn (hopefully!), encouraging more locals to come along and enjoy the experience. That’s how I see it from this distance, anyway!

• I take the point that it might not be a sell out on a cold Tuesday night micra but they appear to be on the up and will have the feel good factor so a high chance of a sell out.

• LOL of course @micra.

We do still have Accy I suppose, who once their top of league form has worn off, will be back to bringing their usual 73 people, to be stuffed in the far end of the main stand.

• That wasn't just a 'cold' night, it was the beginning of the 'Beast from the East'. Their turnout that night in 'easy not to bother' conditions was extremely impressive.